The VG Resource

Full Version: Warmachine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Still trying to sprite better. I scrapped Saria and Beedle for the Juggernaut from Warmachine:
[Image: juggernaut.png]

Not too happy with the pipes though
it... looks like a kite imho. It lacks volume.
i expected iron man. i'm not quite sure what i'm supposed to be seeing here.
It's based on a model from a wargame; the same dudes who did Warhammer.

The model designs aren't all that, IMO.
is that supposed to be an aircraft?
no, but it's a wip
i like it, actually. simple, yet it works. i immediately felt weight and that they were shoulders. and i expected the marvel war machine as well.

i'd say more shadows and add a third shade. atm it's looking too plastic.
[Image: juggernaut.png]
Does this look any better?
still looks like a drawing on a cardboard.
Pipes could use some shine. In fact, some areas need some shine (but not too much, we don't want to overshine this sprite). But you are doing great, even though I never heard of this incarnate of War Machine before. :X
(07-06-2010, 01:32 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]still looks like a drawing on a cardboard.

How do you think i can fix that?
you need to think on it as a 3D object and use the right perspective for it.

here's a shitty example of how I think it should be, not quite sure though... It's an uncommon pose :/

[Image: 28018697.gif]
Gorsal is right, becasue what you have right now looks like again kite with a robot's head on.
It's because he's not drawn out the rest of the body yet (which is probably a bad thing, you should at least have the whole piece sketched out so everything's to proportion); and as such you're looking at it from the wrong /perspective/.

That link he posted shows what the robot looks like in full.
Well, yeah now that you mention that i guess we could wait till the entire sprite is done to see how the perspective is.
Pages: 1 2