The VG Resource

Full Version: Getting a computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I don't quite have a job yet (I should hopefully have one soon) and I would like to get a new computer as soon as possible because this 9 year old piece of shit really is just not cutting it anymore to do anything but be on Opera, Skype, and MSN. (Sometimes it has issues with minimizing Skype and letting me go on Opera or MSN instead.)

Now eventually I'd like to have both a desktop and a laptop.

I want both to have Windows 7, good cpu, a decent amount of RAM, a good video and sound card, and as much Hard Drive storage as I can shove into a computer while all being rather cheap. I would like alienware but I know that stuff is way too expensive for me so I'm just not gonna bother with that brand until I get a really good paying job.

Ok, now what should I get first, a Desktop or Laptop? And what do you guys suggest I put into them while being relatively cheap?
If it's not going to go anywhere, get a desktop. MUCH cheaper and they last much longer and are easier to take care of (because they never go anywhere).

They're also way easier to upgrade if necessary.
Well eventually I do plan to move out of my mom's house and if I get a Desktop thats the most it is gonna move but if I get a laptop then it will probably move around my room with me and stuff like if I feel like watching TV in bed or something. (Lazy Kat is lazy)

So Desktop first is probably best then.
build it
build it instead of overspending >: have someone help you out with that but itll pay off really well
Wait til black friday.
(07-03-2010, 05:44 PM)asshole parade Wrote: [ -> ]build it
build it instead of overspending >: have someone help you out with that but itll pay off really well
Teach me please?

(07-03-2010, 05:44 PM)Helter Skelter Wrote: [ -> ]Wait til black friday.

asdfghj what are you crazy? Yeah no, I'm not gonna go buy a computer on the one day a year where everyone in Rhode Island will spend less then an hour in their own home, Rhode Island drivers are really shitty at driving and I do not feel like getting into a car accident.