The VG Resource

Full Version: Star's Spriting Topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So it's been ages since the last time I posted any sprite on here. I made a promise to a certain fello that I would post more. I've just been too busy with life and stuff that I haven't been able to sprite as much as I want. I've also been too focused on paintings and non pixel drawings that I was starting to forget spriting..but I have not forgot about yall. Since I'm working on a game though with Nin and a crew of others..I decided it was time for a change.

To start off, here's something I whipped up for our game Cloud Journey.
[Image: birdanimation2.gif]

I even designed the bird myself. I might post more from it, but I'm just scared of people stealing my ideas and what not. It has happened before irl. More sprites to come soon!
It's looking awesome.
Although to animate that, the downbeat of the wings would push the body upwards. Kind of like how we bob up and down when walking.
I love how his eyes roll around freaking smoothly.
lol i love that crazy look on his face, also lovin the beak
Grooveman: Thank you for your comment! And now that you mention that..hopefully it'll be fine when put into the game. I did want him to fly around crazy like so maybe that's a plus. I'm not sure.

And thank you NESfever and JoJo for your comments as well. I'm glad people are liking it! And good job noticing the beak detail. Suprisingly, not much people notice the broken beak haha
the head is not moving as smoothly as the rest of the bird.
His body should move with the rest of him. Like his body should tilt with the legs rather than everything just movign around it.

The heads positioning could really use some work too. Is he supposed to be pushing forward with all of his body (legs and heads forward at the same time) or swaying in his flight (legs forward, head back, etc)?

Also what's going on with his beak?
He appears to have an underbite but his upper beak still goes over his lower. +The upper beak is curved and the lower is straight out. The beak should fit into, rather than over, the lower part - or the lower part should have a bit of a groove shape, or something?
And what's the patch above the beak? Is that more beak in a different colour or different coloured feathers? 'cause the nostril should be on the beak.

Hope some of that was helpful. Smile
The blue patch above the beak should be that colored part thar some birds have, like this one

[Image: papagaio-cinza.jpg]

And I think that the bent beak is proposital, to give it a 'goofy' feeling.
(07-02-2010, 03:35 PM)Butch Wrote: [ -> ]His body should move with the rest of him. Like his body should tilt with the legs rather than everything just movign around it.

The heads positioning could really use some work too. Is he supposed to be pushing forward with all of his body (legs and heads forward at the same time) or swaying in his flight (legs forward, head back, etc)?

Also what's going on with his beak?
He appears to have an underbite but his upper beak still goes over his lower. +The upper beak is curved and the lower is straight out. The beak should fit into, rather than over, the lower part - or the lower part should have a bit of a groove shape, or something?
And what's the patch above the beak? Is that more beak in a different colour or different coloured feathers? 'cause the nostril should be on the beak.

Hope some of that was helpful. Smile
Well, he's just swaying in his flight while moving his head around. I see your point though, I should make the bottom half of him move as well. Just doing that should fix the problem.

And like Gorsal pointed out, the blue patch is part of the pbeak..not the feathers. And he also pointed out about the beak was intentional. It has a broken beak.
I guess it's not called double posting if you update right? haha
While I was working on the bird, fixing the animation and trying to work with other Cloud Journey stuff..I got kinda sick of working on the same thing so I wanted to experiment with a certain style for the heck of it.
[Image: asfdjk.png]
Also, do not expect this to be a sheet or anything. I'm just messing around. : P
gfdfgsdagagfdgfd
I don't have any crits on the bird.

As for Banjo there, it's okay, but it doesn't look much like a 3d prerender; I think it's mainly because of the huge amount of contrast between the highlights and the darker colors on his mouth. His eyes also look kinda odd, especially with that neutral gray. But it's all pretty good for WIP, right now.

Addition: From far away, it looks much better than when I bring my face closer to the screen, so it really isn't bad, for sure.
Thank you for the awesome crit Sploder. I appreciate it : ) I shall fix it one day.
To make myself not go insane with the projects I have decided to sprite some random stuff
[Image: ml3f.png]
Hope y'all likey!
the bean person (forgot his/her name) looks awesome, but the penguin is kinda flat.

Are you guys finally starting again on cloud Journey? I remember it about a year ago, but didn't hear much about it afterwards. Good to know it's back up!
lovin it all, especially the bumpty!
excellent stuff as always
Pages: 1 2