The VG Resource

Full Version: what you guys think.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
just wanna know your guys' opinion on what happens after ya die.

i personally think that when ya die, you come back at a later point in time whenever you're born again from any other living thing in the universe. you could come back as a human again, or an animal, or some creature in a completely different civilization. you were created for no reason, so why wouldn't there be able to be life after death. nothing is created or destroyed so you are "something".

so what im tryin to say is that when ya die, it's probably like pitch black or something (and you wouldn't have any recolection of it at all) until you're reborn again into a new life.

thats just my idea though, i mean there are probably billions of planets that actually have life on them but none of them are probably advanced enough to be able to possibly communicate with us so its hard to get anwers like these and we probably never will.

serious topic btw, opinions?
when you die there is nothing forever

edit: religion, reincarnation, etc is just the human response to not knowing what happens after we die

no one really knows, and religion probably makes the most sense.

but yeah, nothing forever is what id go with.
(07-02-2010, 06:35 AM)STRAIGHT CHILLIN 86 Wrote: [ -> ]when you die there is nothing forever

edit: religion, reincarnation, etc is just the human response to not knowing what happens after we die

ya but half the shit we think is right now, is probably completely wrong once you advance a 100 years. we used to think the world was flat and look where we've come, we have a better understanding of the way things work but somethings we percieve as "correct" could be completely and utterly wrong.

you could say the same for what you just said in your edit about the thing you believe, which is "nothingness" after you die. nobody is sure at all so they just go with the reason that seems best to them.

You say its just the human response to not knowing, well so is believing in nothingness, wouldn't you rather believe in something that could be there wether its there or not? Even if it is nothingness, you really wanna say before you die, "oh ya, good old nothingness, here we come." and have no hope whatsoever. hopes all ya got, without it your nothin.
I don't know what we'll find when we die, no one will. imo, the realistic supposition would be STRAIGHT CHILLIN's opinion, but being humans, we like to think that something (like coming back as something else, going to Heaven etc) will happen after we die.

My opinion would be 'when we die we come back as someone else', just like yours, DreamEater. We, humans, were created to learn. So 'reviving' would be a way to continue learning after death.

But that's only an opinion, so...
why should we think anything happens
idk, I'll find out when I get there
anything goes.
i sure hope i dont come back

hell to me would be an eternity of human interactions
An argument I hate:
we used to think [x] and now we think [y], how do we know what's right????

Previous theories weren't actually based on evidence, for one thing.
(07-02-2010, 11:34 AM)Profanisaurus Wrote: [ -> ]An argument I hate:
we used to think [x] and now we think [y], how do we know what's right????

Previous theories weren't actually based on evidence, for one thing.

Was just about to make this post except angrier sounding.
average people dont look forward to dying because its just another plane of the unknown. people dont understand it the same way some dont understand how the universe could have been created. when in doubt, make shit up and force yourself to believe it.
honestly i think when you die, you're no longer existent. it's not "nothing" forever or "plain darkness" or anything like that, you just don't exist. there is no thought or anything like that. its a mildly scary concept so i can understand where people would want to say theyre moving on to a nicer place.
i wanna be a ghost
(07-02-2010, 02:02 PM)asshole parade Wrote: [ -> ]honestly i think when you die, you're no longer existent[...] you just don't exist. there is no thought or anything like that.

i think that's what they mean by "nothing"
(07-02-2010, 03:04 PM)DrSlouch Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2010, 02:02 PM)asshole parade Wrote: [ -> ]honestly i think when you die, you're no longer existent[...] you just don't exist. there is no thought or anything like that.

i think that's what they mean by "nothing"

uhhh in talking to people about this, 'nothing' has been used a multitude of ways
nothing has been used as
"blackness"
"going to hell"
"staring at your place of rest forever"

etc
oh really, huh

i've always used it literally, i.e. nonexistence
guess there are some dumb people!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6