The VG Resource

Full Version: New Spriter seeking critique and guidance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys, in the past i've mostly done easy edits and recolors, but i really want to be a better spriter, so this is my attempt at making my own sprite from scratch, i figured i'd start with something simple. well, here is my first sprite, please critique so i can get better Cute

[Image: sbTUAX.gif]

[Image: jojo.png]
Is it ust me or is the animated gif blurry?
I think the feet nedds some work on them.
yeah, the gif is blurry, i didnt have anything to animate it with and im tired so i used an online gif maker lol, and what exactly needs work on the legs?
I think they could use some more movement.
Anyway, here, take a cookie and a better gif animationCool[Image: sbTUAX.gif]
i dont think that, as a battle stance, could be performed naturally. or if its even posibly to slide your legs over your ankles without moving your feet.
Thanks for the new gif and the cookie haha Tongue

Quote:i dont think that, as a battle stance, could be performed naturally. or if its even posibly to slide your legs over your ankles without moving your feet.

Okay so should i try moving the feet in the second and third frames?
Yes

the feet are fixed in the place, but it doesn't mean they can't move.
so should bend the heels or something?

EDIT:

I ended up bending the heels up on the first and last frames, i think that might've solved the problem, is this better

[Image: MySpaceGens_7580262159.gif]

[Image: jojo-1.png]
I don't think the left leg (your left) should be like that at all.
Like what? What do you mean? do you mean pointing the opposite way?
Yeah, that's what I mean.
okay, is there a good way a good way to fix that without remaking the entire leg? or should i just remake it?
Just flip it, simple, and remake the animation with the ne foot.
oh okay, ill get right on that
okay, im not finished with this yet but i was wondering if im going in the right direction

[Image: teststand.png]

EDIT: So I finished the fighting stance with the new foot placement above, so yeah C and C would be cool :b

[Image: MySpaceGens_5144533576.gif]

[Image: jojo-2.png]
Pages: 1 2