The VG Resource

Full Version: Need some help (contains sheets)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, a custom (more graphical) Pokémon menu interface I made, very much experimental as I'm just trying to fit all the necessary info without making it too cluttered (the first screen might be just that unfortunately). Includes type icons, status icons, buttons, everything I felt could be useful at some point. Crit away.
[Image: custompokemenu.png]

Animation test:
[Image: customsummarytest.gif]

And then there's status indicators (not really related to Pokémon or any other game series in any way), icons that would appear next to a player character/enemy in an RPG game helping the player keep track of stat changes. You'll notice two different icon styles (and stat names in case of Attack=Power, Magic=Special) in the sheet and I personally prefer the one with darker, slimmer arrows. It could still use some detail I guess, so any suggestions to improve them are welcome. The size limit I'm aiming for is 24x24.
[Image: customstatindicators.png]

Animated:
[Image: statindicators.gif]
This looks awesome!
Go fish?
I think the black pokeball could use some work tough.
I can't read the words in some boxes (electric, bug for example). Change that white into a darker color, or darken the box's color.
about these rpg status icons, i always prefered more graphical, iconic statuses because they were way more interesting to look and they never really needed any more animation to make them stand out more.

like those icons in FFTA/FFTA2.
(07-02-2010, 04:33 AM)NESfever Wrote: [ -> ]I think the black pokeball could use some work tough.
I believe you've misunderstood. The black Pokéball is an overlay effect, the blue is just the background colour.

[Image: pokeballbg.png]
The edges aren't as rounded as they could be (but still close), so I'll be fixing that. Still, I highly doubt that's what you meant.

(07-02-2010, 06:25 AM)*Gorsal* Wrote: [ -> ]I can't read the words in some boxes (electric, bug for example). Change that white into a darker color, or darken the box's color.
Bug, Electric, Ice and Normal have been made a little darker.
[Image: pokemontypes.png]

(07-02-2010, 09:06 AM)1UP+ Wrote: [ -> ]about these rpg status icons, i always prefered more graphical, iconic statuses because they were way more interesting to look and they never really needed any more animation to make them stand out more.

like those icons in FFTA/FFTA2.
What could I do besides changing them into icons like a sword or a shield with arrows next to them? I never felt stat changes as true status conditions like KO and poison so that's why I went for a very generic and unified look for them. Mainly so they would be instantly recognisable. I will try more graphical icons for them soon, but I have absolutely no idea how to symbolise stats like Magic besides a small burst of light and even that could be taken as many other status conditions. That's my main worry here.
forget pokmon remake dragon quest monsters Smile

It al looks fine to me anyways
I really like the pokemon menu interface, it looks like something i would actually see in the game Tongue
you know what, i'm going to try and make an icon for every single status effect i can think of.