The VG Resource

Full Version: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (WTF!?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dude, seriously? Is Ed (not "Dave") Boon out of his mind!? And I didn't know what the current DC owners were thinking at that time. C'mon, I can see Marvel and DC duking it out... but, I find this infeasible and incompetent for the Mortal Kombat universe to come out of the netherrealm or Outworld and clash in with super heroes of the Earthrealm.

I cannot see Batman decappitating Sub-Zero's head with a battarang or see the Flash pulverizing the crap out of Scorpion circling in on him at 100 mph as a fatality finish.

I can see Mortal Kombat in a comic book series, but I honestly think that throwing the Mortal Kombat world with DC in some bloody epic clash is totally disrespectful to the storylines and traditions of the comic book industry. Mainly, I say this is because I have never seen the DC comic characters as having a dark violent background in comparrison to Mortal Kombat.

I can, however, see Spawn from Marvel kicking some ass against someone like, lets say for example, Shang Tsung or Kung Lao of that sort, because of that certain nature and atmosphere he has that is similar to Mortal Kombat.

In the name of all that's sacred, man, Mortal Kombat's Ed Boon should try to throw them in with an other "world" or "universe" that can appropriately collaborate with MK in an epic death match.

Sorry guys, but this two thumbs down all the way for me.

So if you guys out there are really up for this epic sham, then I have gererously posted the URL below...

http://www.worldscollide.com/
dude, did you even read the original DC comics, or at least HEARD of them? First off, Batman had like three or four, maybe even five different Robins, and most of them were killed off, ALSO, Superman DIED in one of his comic books, the original DC comics were pretty dark, so I can see this being fused with Mortal Kombat to a CERTAIN extent.

I do think MK is a little over the top for DC, but they really toned down the violence, and Boon even said that the rating won't be M... and I think he's out of his mind, because MK without any decapitations, or spine rippings, even a simple neckbreaking Fatality... okay maybe they'll have something like that in there, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT, MK without gore, is just kind of another midiocre fighting game with a typo, or something...

I actually kind of think this will improve the MK series, mainly because Armagedon wasn't that great, and the ones before that were kind of also a downfall. So maybe this stunt could... I dunno... help them?
It's no worse than Marvel vs Capcom. It's going to be interesting to say the least.
I dunno, guys. It's just not the same if Mortal Kombat's going to tone down it with DC. I've always respected the fact that Mortal Kombat had that certain style to the games. I know what you'e saying about the orignal DC comics, but this is different. I mean, the whole idea is bad. Just bad. I just like for Mortal Kombat and DC to keep their traditions and stick to their storylines.
Pissed off because it looks like a step backwards, and the combat looks slow and clunky compared to Armageddon.

I want a real next-gen MK, that is created by taking Armageddon, and fixing all the fuckups (a lot lol).

Anybody who doesn't think Kreate-a-Kombatant was the best thing ever is a distinguished gentleman.
Just want to say that OP does not have any knowledge of comic books whatsoever.

Spawn is NOT a Marvel character. In fact, the publisher got some lame name like Image Comics or something.
Also, who is Dave Boon? I'm pretty sure the MK guy is Ed.
Tonberry2k Wrote:Also, who is Dave Boon? I'm pretty sure the MK guy is Ed.

I was gonna point that out too
Okay, Dave, Ed, whatever. Whoever's the one who came up with Mortal Kombat.
GaryCXJk Wrote:Just want to say that OP does not have any knowledge of comic books whatsoever.

Spawn is NOT a Marvel character. In fact, the publisher got some lame name like Image Comics or something.

Is it really? It's hard to find which some of the characters belong to.
JamesMorrow07 Wrote:
GaryCXJk Wrote:Just want to say that OP does not have any knowledge of comic books whatsoever.

Is it really? It's hard to find which some of the characters belong to.

I'm sorry, but I just had to....

[Image: googletv3.jpg]
just figured i'd mention for you people who haven't done your research and are making assumptions based on idle facts, fatalities are not gone. mortal kombat characters and DC villians will retain fatalities, whereas DC superheroes will get brutalities instead.

but mortal kombat is a glitchy, clunky, slow-paced fighting game that you only play for shits and giggles anyways so who really cares ?
xTYVONx Wrote:just figured i'd mention for you people who haven't done your research and are making assumptions based on idle facts, fatalities are not gone. mortal kombat characters and DC villians will retain fatalities, whereas DC superheroes will get brutalities instead.

eh.... you're half right.

villains and MK characters will get fatality LIKE moves, so no heads getting ripped off or spines getting ripped out, but Scorpion can still catch people on fire as far as we know
the last part of my post still applies.
Hence the "half right".