The VG Resource

Full Version: Hey Arnold!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently in post-production for my video game SuikoRoku and it's going very well. I have decided I would like to add a side project based on Hey Arnold.
I would like to use backgrounds and sprites from Hey Arnold the video game(game boy advance) but there are only a couple of sprites ripped so far. If i can get some backgrounds and sprites, I could come up with a funny episodic simulation rpg based on real life using the story of Hey Arnold and their world.
I would like the game to be based on continuity with time being a central theme. Arnold would slowly age as episodes progressed but for now, a few sprites and backgrounds would make this game possible for a late 2010 release.
You can easily rip the game backgrounds by yourself.

http://vba.ngemu.com/ <-- grab the emulator here.
Disable/enable the different screen layers by using Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+5
You can even assignate a key on your control pad to take a game screenshot whenever you press it. (Go to Options --> Joypad -- > Configure --> the option that says "Capture" is the one that allows you to assign a button on your control pad to take the screenshots)

It's not that difficult.
I may have to try that. You say the backgrounds will already be compatible to be mapped out in rpg maker vx?

I would still need help with sprites. There are at least 25 characters in the Hey Arnold! world. I have some interesting ideas for this game like ripping sound bites from the original show to use in my game.

This is just an idea for now but i think I could come up with something entertaining within a few weeks if I can get a person or two who is interested. If you need to see results first, check out my upcoming game.
Not sure on this sites stance on doubling posting but i farted around for a few minutes and managed to come up with a rough sketch of the boarding house. I only spent about 10 minutes or so.

[Image: ngcd21.jpg]
That is top view perspective while Arnold's sprites are side view. So rather that walking, he looks as if he were crawling around.
I see what you mean there. I am not sure what to do about that because the sprite is meant for side view. It could mean that I would need all new sprites. let's hope a closet hey arnold fan comes out or this idea might be placed on the backburner for awhile. We will see.
Well, good luck with that- you will need it.
All projects that depends entirely on stranger's charity never gets completed.

Speaking about that project, that layout doesn't resembles at all Arnold's boarding house.
Yeah there just aren't enough resources. I do want to make a hey arnold game but now might not be the right time.