The VG Resource

Full Version: Mappy Kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: mappykids2.png]
Mappy kids was is one of my favorite NES games, and I got bored, so...
I just though about remaking all the stuff in the game, but with a small hint of Cave Story to it! And maybe some new stuff too...Until I get bored again. Tongue

This is just to try out something new. And if you don't know, Mappy Kids's backgrounds contain alot of Large Pixel art, so this will help me out in that area too.
it looks like a mouse version of quote to me.

Can I assume you edited this because it looks pretty damn similar to him.
well even if he did use quote as a base, it looks damn sweet to me.

finally.
(06-29-2010, 08:35 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: [ -> ]it looks like a mouse version of quote to me.

Nah, Its 100 Percent custom, but just came out that way.
OMG, I used to love mappy Smile
I don't even know japanese, but I suppose this is yen? Isn't it?
[Image: mappykids2.png]
Sure, the Y with two lines is Yen.

Those are really cute!
I'm incredibly happy you did something different this time. This looks very good.
(06-29-2010, 08:44 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2010, 08:35 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: [ -> ]it looks like a mouse version of quote to me.

Nah, Its 100 Percent custom, but just came out that way.

guess you got a point there

none the less, you did a good job moving out of your comfort zone. there good sprites too, at least.
I dunno if you're going for a specific amount of colors, but you should try and use a slightly darker and/or less saturated red for the inside of the ears
I personally think they stick out a bit too much...
Hungry Wild Pig is hungry!
[Image: mappykidsremake.png]
Does it look better now, Vic?
Does anyone have any Idea on how I can animate a run for the pig?
Pretty great looking ,adn it does ressemble a little bit of Cave Story in it. I like it so far, but mostly the enemy.
I don't like how the yen symbol looks dark in the last coin frame. It's shining, so the yen sign should be bright too. The way the money bag bounces could be better, too. Try redrawing every frame instead of resizing it (I'm not saying you actually resized them, but the outcome really looks like it was).
(06-30-2010, 01:40 PM)*Gorsal* Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like how the yen symbol looks dark in the last coin frame. It's shining, so the yen sign should be bright too. The way the money bag bounces could be better, too. Try redrawing every frame instead of resizing it (I'm not saying you actually resized them, but the outcome really looks like it was).
The light source type I used on the coin is the same way I saw it used on the save disc sprites from Cave Story. So if I did it right, which I hope, it will animate correctly.

Anyways, thanks for the crits on the money bag! Is this better?
yes c:
Pages: 1 2 3