The VG Resource

Full Version: Various popular game characters(Tales of Style)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Delete Topic, or Lock, whatever floats your boat..
These aren't really Tales style. The bodies and portions don't fit the style. And sometimes the colors are tobright. Some aren't even shaded right.

And some of these are just edits. Like not even major edits, just attempts to reshade into ToTW style. Some sprites look like you used heads from Aurhon's CSW srpties. What the hell?

Also the anatomy on most of these sprites are just silly, and even broken.

The quality shifts so much on most of these sprites it's almost like you made parts of stuff and other parts you edited.
What the heck!? These are made pixel by pixel, not edits.

I can understand crit, and I want criticism, it only makes you better. But you didn't give any advice, you
just said The anatomy is bad and "broken". But you didn't give me any advice to fix it Sad

Quote:And some of these are just edits. Like not even major edits, just attempts to reshade into ToTW style.
No, absolutely not. If they are bad edits then please tell me where you can find my Peach,Zelda,Dizzy,Bowser,etc.
I based them off of ToW bodies, I didn't directly edit ToW3 bodies, though. They are still made by me.

Quote:The quality shifts so much on most of these sprites it's almost like you made parts of stuff and other parts you edited.
Doesn't really make much sense. Like I said, it's been a year. They have all been made over the period of several months, so some may be better than the other (If that's what you are saying?)
(06-29-2010, 10:44 AM)Manaphy94 Wrote: [ -> ]What the heck!? These are made pixel by pixel, not edits.

I can understand crit, and I want criticism, it only makes you better. But you didn't give any advice, you
just said The anatomy is bad and "broken". But you didn't give me any advice to fix it Sad

hi, read this

http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=13748

tl;dr-if he said 'anatomy is bad and broken', then it's already an advice.
(06-29-2010, 10:44 AM)Manaphy94 Wrote: [ -> ]What the heck!? These are made pixel by pixel, not edits.

Okay I'll try to be clear; These sprites suck

Quote:And some of these are just edits. Like not even major edits, just attempts to reshade into ToTW style.
No, absolutely not. If they are bad edits then please tell me where you can find my Peach,Zelda,Dizzy,Bowser,etc.

Let me try this again, a lot of these sprites look like edits and reshades. It might be because you've used previously made sprites as references. It might be because the quality shifts so much on single sprite that they look like edits. For example Zelda, the head looks okay, but when you get to the body, it just turns into a huge pile of shit. The limbs are to short and the torso is very poorly shaded.

Another problem you have is you make certain parts of the body shapeless blobs, like Lucario's feet, Lloyd's feet, Etna's chest, and all of Toad.

And once again, not a single one of those sprites look in ToTW style.

Hope you understood!
didnt read thread so i dont know if any of this has been mentioned
first, http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=13748 read this

palettes look hella similar to the sprites in that one project arhuon or whatever his name is is doing. the fighting game one. also these all look like you just pasted the heads of actual sprites that were already made for these characters on bodies you made

and im fairly sure those lloyd and link sprites are literally nothing more than edits of the actual lloyd and link sprites ive seen floating around somewhere
The skin palettes ARE from that Auron guy. But what link sprites are are floating around Defeated
Whatever this is ridiculous...
The anatomy IS based of Tales of the World 3, it's not that hard to tell.
Oh well, just let this topic die. Because some people just never have anything good to say about anyone else.
Their feet look like blobs?

Seriously, I am all for critism, but you guys never have anything good to say.
I tried to come back to TSR but I guess I'll just stay off.
If a mod or someone posts a TERRIBLE sprite, people will lie and say it's so awesome. But when anyone else tries to do anything to get better
people just act like asses to them and try to put them down. I swear, if someone else posted my sprites you'd be all "cool!" Oh well, I don't need
your opinions to make myself better. I will continue to try, no matter what stupid "shapeless blobs" I make Defeated
Honestly, do you read the stuff you say and see how negative you always are? Damn, all you said is "THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK"
It's like how people think here is backwards! Oh well...no wonder people sit on the net all day, anti social disorder? Iunno, good thing I have a life w/friends.

Don't even bother replying because I won't care... Kthxbye, talk to yourself from now on Big Grin
~Signed Mana
1up, you have a new thread to add to your Sprite Discussion guide.

(06-29-2010, 01:49 PM)Manaphy94 Wrote: [ -> ]Iunno, good thing I have a life w/friends.

Yes, you fishing for compliments from strangers on an internet forum is clearly a good indicator of how stable your social life is.
(06-29-2010, 01:49 PM)Manaphy94 Wrote: [ -> ]If a mod or someone posts a TERRIBLE sprite, people will lie and say it's so awesome.

Ahahaha, what a baseless lie.

Please stop trying to find excuses to hide away from how mediocre you are.
If that stopped being EVERYTHING I saw then maybe. I am not mediocre, and these lame bums who sit on here all day will not make me anything else I am not.
(06-29-2010, 01:49 PM)Manaphy94 Wrote: [ -> ]The skin palettes ARE from that Auron guy. But what link sprites are are floating around Defeated
Whatever this is ridiculous...
The anatomy IS based of Tales of the World 3, it's not that hard to tell.
Oh well, just let this topic die. Because some people just never have anything good to say about anyone else.
Their feet look like blobs?

Seriously, I am all for critism, but you guys never have anything good to say.
I tried to come back to TSR but I guess I'll just stay off.
If a mod or someone posts a TERRIBLE sprite, people will lie and say it's so awesome. But when anyone else tries to do anything to get better
people just act like asses to them and try to put them down. I swear, if someone else posted my sprites you'd be all "cool!" Oh well, I don't need
your opinions to make myself better. I will continue to try, no matter what stupid "shapeless blobs" I make Defeated
Honestly, do you read the stuff you say and see how negative you always are? Damn, all you said is "THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK"
It's like how people think here is backwards! Oh well...no wonder people sit on the net all day, anti social disorder? Iunno, good thing I have a life w/friends.

Don't even bother replying because I won't care... Kthxbye, talk to yourself from now on Big Grin
~Signed Mana

[Image: bean_laughing_lg_nwm.gif][Image: bean_laughing_lg_nwm.gif][Image: bean_laughing_lg_nwm.gif][Image: bean_laughing_lg_nwm.gif]
First row: Pikachu's body should be oval, not circular. Zelda doesn't seem to have hands, compared with other characters you also included.
Second row, first sprite: the girl's legs looks broken and disjointed from the pelvic area too.
Fourth row: Peach's body and arms seems to be melting, Ness's head looks as if it someone took a bite off (his) left side.
(06-29-2010, 01:49 PM)Manaphy94 Wrote: [ -> ]If a mod or someone posts a TERRIBLE sprite, people will lie and say it's so awesome.

Show me a SINGLE instance of this. Do it.
(06-29-2010, 01:58 PM)Maneko Wrote: [ -> ]First row: Pikachu's body should be oval, not circular. Zelda doesn't seem to have hands, compared with other characters you also included.
Second row, first sprite: the girl's legs looks broken and disjointed from the pelvic area too.
Fourth row: Peach's body and arms seems to be melting, Ness's head looks as if it someone took a bite off (his) left side.
Thank you very much.
See this is what I like right here! Advice/Crit like this post.

Not just being "Oh this sucks, it has no shape, it has bad colors, the heads look retarded" and providing no help.
(06-29-2010, 02:02 PM)Manaphy94 Wrote: [ -> ]Not just being "Oh this sucks, it has no shape, it has bad colors, the heads look retarded" and providing no help.

That is criticism you moron.

Not everyone is going to put it nicely to make sure it doesn't hurt your feelings.

EDIT:

(06-29-2010, 02:02 PM)Manaphy94 Wrote: [ -> ]See this is what I like right here!

(06-29-2010, 02:02 PM)Manaphy94 Wrote: [ -> ]I like

There is your problem, not everyone is going to put it the way "you" like it. That's criticism. Grow up and take it or just get out.
Pages: 1 2