The VG Resource

Full Version: Rayman 1 GBC sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody. I am Ravior. Nice to meet you.

My first submission is from a gem that I've enjoyed since I was very little. It's Rayman 1 for Gameboy Color. These are the first organized sheets I have made for this site. Here they are:

[Image: FirstSpriteSheet.png]

[Image: SecondSpriteSheet.png]
In this one I arranged the pictures in the order they appear in the game.

What do you think? I have more sprites, I just need to make them into a sheet.

EDIT: Here are the icons:

[Image: RaymanGameicon.png]
(I had to shrink it on the sides because the image didn't fit. Is this okay?)

[Image: Raymanicon.png]

[Image: StorySequencesicon.png]

If anyone has any advice, please give me some.
rick roll isnt funny
I have more sprites:

World Map:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/...pmap-1.png

Icon:
[Image: WorldMapicon.png]
So far it's incredible! Lovely!
It looks a beautiful game for GBC. I really don't think you need any hints or advice, you're doing great. Keep on like this. Unless, of course, you have any questions, I'd be happy to help out ;p
Great job on those cutsscenes, I always enjoyed this game.
this has to be one of the most beatiful games the gbc can offer.
This is it. If Ton didn't noticed this thread I'm going to upload them myself. And if he did, I'm ready to beat him up :o
Here's a rip of Spellbound Forest Level 1:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/...stmap1.png

Icon:
[Image: SpellboundForest1icon.png]

I used VBA's Map Viewer to do this, but it wasn't easy. It doesn't capture everything at the bottom, so I had to use screen captures to get the whole bottom part. I hope there is a way around this, since I want to rip every map.

Anyway, soon I will post the misc. sprites of each level (including enemies) all in one sheet, with each group labeled so you know which ones go in which levels.
Everything up now ;p
Hello again, haven't been here in 3 years.

Finally deciding to rip the remaining maps, as well as other various sprites. Sadly I'll have to re-rip most of them (ie the Mr. Dark sprites) due to losing them two computer crashes ago. No big loss though.

Anyway, I'm doing this out of appreciation of this game and how it's brought me so much joy over the years, even now as it's a downloadable in the 3DS eShop. It still holds up as an addictive platformer, and easily has some of the best (if not the best) graphics on the GBC. It deserves more recognition and I hope that in ripping these sprites people will be more aware of it and try it out.

Even with gems like Rayman Origins, my nostalgia filter will always keep this Rayman game in particular at the top of my "favorite Rayman games" list.

Here's Spellbound Forest 2:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/...g~original

Icon:
[Image: sf2icon_zpsa15032d1.png]

I totally recommend downloading this from the 3DS eShop. For some reason it's not shown in the main VC lineup, so you'll have to search "Rayman" in the menu. It's pretty cheap like any GBC game is on the VC. Like $4.99 or something.

And if there are any Map Ripping tips that you have, please share so that I can be more effective in ripping these maps.
Photobucket shrunk it, try uploading it to imgur or something? Also I notice the 2 in the icon is bolded and it shouldn't be as it sticks out. Tongue
(07-09-2013, 11:45 AM)Axle the Red Wrote: [ -> ]Photobucket shrunk it, try uploading it to imgur or something? Also I notice the 2 in the icon is bolded and it shouldn't be as it sticks out. Tongue
You just need to click it again to magnify it. As for the icon, if someone could give me a link to where all of the icon-related things are, I'll gladly fix it.
Oh alright. Had to click it like half a dozen times to get it to show the original though...
Also the Icon Maker and in-browser version.
Heh, now there's a mostly forgotten game.... you'd be surprised how much fandom there were on Yahoo groups back in the day!
Is this better? Genki ^_^

[Image: sf2icon_zps64c64375.png]

(07-09-2013, 03:33 PM)Brutus Wrote: [ -> ]Heh, now there's a mostly forgotten game.... you'd be surprised how much fandom there were on Yahoo groups back in the day!
No foolin'? This game had a fanbase?
Pages: 1 2