The VG Resource

Full Version: Link Beat Em Up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, I'm going to be making a Link Beat Em Up for Drei's pixel challenge. I have the link that I will use on the mugshot but it would be great if I could get some C+C on them. I think I messed up on the shading, so if you could point out where exactly (not how to fix them but where those spots are miss-shaded) I'll fix them up. Anything you can find would be greatly appreciated. Once I finish link, I'll move up to either the platforms or the HUD.Hope you like him.
[Image: linko.png]
black outline, noodle limbs, too much straight lines

the colors lack contrast and could be more saturated
I'll be blunt.
It sucks.
Yeah, I guess you're right. Let me just scratch that. I knew it sucked, I was just hoping to get a little C+C, I have no idea why I even tried such a vile thing, I'm not a spriter. I'll try the same thing later as a vector. Could a mod lock this?
The style is actually nice, I like cartoony styles like that. But you really need to work on your lineart, THEN your colors and shading. We can help you easily with colors and such, but lineart is something you'd have to learn first. Smile
what the hell is that anatomy and why is he fat

the color palette and shading are both awful

you're seriously better off starting over and using a reference
(06-27-2010, 05:13 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I guess you're right. Let me just scratch that. I knew it sucked, I was just hoping to get a little C+C, I have no idea why I even tried such a vile thing, I'm not a spriter. I'll try the same thing later as a vector. Could a mod lock this?
thanks for reminding me of something to add to the DONT POST WITHOUT READING HERE THREAD

perfect example of what NOT to do after getting crit right here
(06-27-2010, 05:22 PM)YONK!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2010, 05:13 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I guess you're right. Let me just scratch that. I knew it sucked, I was just hoping to get a little C+C, I have no idea why I even tried such a vile thing, I'm not a spriter. I'll try the same thing later as a vector. Could a mod lock this?
thanks for reminding me of something to add to the DONT POST WITHOUT READING HERE THREAD

perfect example of what NOT to do after getting crit right here

Actually 1up, I did read the thread but read what VS said and I'm not saying it to get any special treatment, let post the lineart so I can fix that first. Also, the palette where taken and edited slightly from Lock's Quest sprites.
[Image: linkwip.png]
No eyes on this one though. Also, I wasn't try to make him look fat. I was going for a more slouching back kinda of thing but I guess it didn't work.
(06-27-2010, 05:54 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]Actually 1up, I did read the thread but read what VS said and I'm not saying it to get any special treatment, let post the lineart so I can fix that first. Also, the palette where taken and edited slightly from Lock's Quest sprites.
No eyes on this one though. Also, I wasn't try to make him look fat. I was going for a more slouching back kinda of thing but I guess it didn't work.
I DID read what vipershark posted
and it's still a perfectly valid comment
hell i even brought it up in the pinned thread because it's something so many people ignore

here
i'll quote it for you because everyone at tsr is too incompetent to actually read the thread
Quote:2. If you get comments saying something along the lines of "your sprite sucks", don't complain. Instead, look at your sprite and try to figure out why it sucks. If you still can't figure out why after some time has passed, CALMLY(that's the important part, don't want to get added to the list of threads up there, do you?) reply to the post requesting that the poster be more specific
As for the sprite... it looks okay for a start but it needs A LOT of work. It would be way better to redo this, use a reference and just start off with the main portions of his body and move on from there.
(06-27-2010, 06:01 PM)Goomba X Wrote: [ -> ]As for the sprite... it looks okay for a start but it needs A LOT of work. It would be way better to redo this, use a reference and just start off with the main portions of his body and move on from there.
i like how you edited out the part where you called me an asshole and that i probably can't sprite
but you're an asshole parade you banned son of a sprite.
(06-27-2010, 05:57 PM)YONK!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2010, 05:54 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]Actually 1up, I did read the thread but read what VS said and I'm not saying it to get any special treatment, let post the lineart so I can fix that first. Also, the palette where taken and edited slightly from Lock's Quest sprites.
I DID read what vipershark posted
and it's still a perfectly valid comment
hell i even brought it up in the pinned thread because it's something so many people ignore

here
i'll quote it for you because everyone at tsr is too incompetent to actually read the thread
Quote:2. If you get comments saying something along the lines of "your sprite sucks", don't complain. Instead, look at your sprite and try to figure out why it sucks. If you still can't figure out why after some time has passed, CALMLY(that's the important part, don't want to get added to the list of threads up there, do you?) reply to the post requesting that the poster be more specific

Oh, no, no I didn't say I was going to scratch it because of VS saying it sucked nor was I complaining at all. I'm in all the attitude to improve it. Let me go fix his anatomy.
oh ok!!!
Quote: I'm not a spriter. I'll try the same thing later as a vector. Could a mod lock this?
but yeah whatever you're not quitting so i dont even know whats going on
[Image: mabelmafix.png]

30 second pixel-over

this is generally how your pose should look. not like a fat blob. use it as a ref
Pages: 1 2 3 4