The VG Resource

Full Version: Drei's pixel push your tush challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
okay since shawn doesn't want to do this i figure why not

since E3 ended recently, lets do something 'vidya gaem' related by...

making a mockup/scene of your favorite game if it was a motion control game

there will be no limits on size or anything, you guys just need to be reasonable with it

a mockup is obvious, you'd be spriting everything about the game during one frame of a screen, i personally find it harder to convey this is motion control without things such as onscreen instructions(like the resident evil 4 action commands but with motions)

a scene would us seeing someone play the game itself, so you could make it more obvious its motion control with seeing the player in motion, but you need to make the game visible enough we can at least distinguish the series if not the specific game itself

okay new plan

sprite a character, ANY, but you have to sprite them as if they were an actual person

mario could be a bulbous, bloody-footed man who is either a midget with clothes too big or a large fellow with clothes too tight(mushrooms) while luigi could be a twig

goku? muscular man with sticky hair

some anime distinguished gentleman like lelouch? a pompous emo kid with a hatred for the world and no physical capabilities

okay fuck this shit

Here's a suggestion, since this theme is really just messed up, my suggestion would be do to a challenge of let's say;
What would your perfect game be like? Rules:
Take a already existing game and turn it into your perfect game, you can change the whole genre of it and turn it into another genre(Metroid Racing, Sonic Attorney) or you can redesign how the characters look but remember that the characters must still be recognizable after the redesign.
After you have decided what you will do, you must present a mock-up of how everything would look on your perfect game.

now of course, how long you guys have

honestly, the lack of entries for the last one makes me feel that July 7th would be a good date for this to end

if i forgot something just inform me and i'll add it, but this should be everything
i dont understand the theme
me neither
same
or me
what

essentially we're spriting a game that exists
but it's got to show some sort of motion controls

which is kinda hard to do if you ask me b/c most motion-controlled games tend to be in a 3D format

unless we get creative somehow
if it were up to me I'd say "SPRITE YOURSELF AS A PHOENIX WRIGHT ATTOURNEY" and then go go go
Here's a suggestion, since this theme is really just messed up, my suggestion would be do to a challenge of let's say;
What would your perfect game be like? Rules:
Take a already existing game and turn it into your perfect game, you can change the whole genre of it and turn it into another genre(Metroid Racing, Sonic Attorney) or you can redesign how the characters look but remember that the characters must still be recognizable after the redesign.
After you have decided what you will do, you must present a mock-up of how everything would look on your perfect game.
-----
This is just a suggestion, I'm not telling you to do it, is just an idea. Also those two 'game genres' are just random shit of the top of my head to give an example. What I said isn't very specific but you should get what I mean.
well i asked teevon about two ideas and he said this one was better >:

guess i'm going with the second idea, brb editing
Me no comprende.
(06-26-2010, 06:39 PM)2-D Wrote: [ -> ]Yo no comprendo.
Fixed and the new challenge sounds better but it really doesn't give much room for originality or creativity but I guess we just gotta see what the others think.
i dont completely understand what you mean by "actual person"

or do you want us to make them realistic?
He means like giving them real human characteristic, like making Mario a fat dude and Luigi a really skinny tall guy or making Link a childish 18 year old with a wooden sword and things like that, hope that helps in any way.
but theyre already like that
(06-26-2010, 10:15 PM)Burn Wrote: [ -> ]but theyre already like that

Hahaha, so should the challenge be changed again? Or are you just messing with me.
I agree with Burn, whats to change about them, since thats what they all already are.
Pages: 1 2