The VG Resource

Full Version: [FANGAME] [PLAYABLE] - Sonic Zero: Rerun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been a Sonic Fan Game that I have been working many years to finish, since the very first Sonic Zero Demo came to be many years ago, Originally made by Max Stunner in 2002. I MCPencils aka MCKaosu, have spent many years trying to finish what this good man has started. With the help of my current team, I show you all the current progress of...

Sonic Zero: Remastered
===============================================
Current Screen Shots:
[Image: screenshot1.png] [Image: screenshot3.png] [Image: screenshot2.png]

EDIT
Current Demos:

Sonic Zero v3 with all 3 acts.

Sonic Zero: Remastered at Sonic Retro Wiki

Past Demos:
Sonic Zero: Remastered -SAGE2009Demo- Sonc Zero Teck Demo 2.2

Music and Jingles:
Sonic Zero: Rerun Songs and Jingles page

Other information:

Sonic Zero: Rerun is a sonic fan game made in Multimedia Fusion 2, Using the Sonic Worlds Delta Engine. It stars Sonic, Tails, and knuckles as they fight against the Returning Battle Kukku Armada.

The team:
MCKaousu: Directer, Co-Programmer, Lead-Music Composer
LarkSS: Lead Programmer, Co-Music Composer
Sparks: Level Designer

===============================================

So far, this game is going through good and well planned progress, But unfortunately, Our current team can't cover Everything, that being sprite art and a second hand Level Design. This reason here is why I bring this game here. But it isn't the only reason. I want to show everyone here how good this game can be, and WILL be. That I promise you.
[Image: screenshot6.png] [Image: youdungoofed.png]

Just a new screenshot slew. Something in store for later. Also, you can find a download link in the first post for all you nay say'ers.
(09-07-2010, 04:45 PM)MCPencils Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Sonjoban/...nshot3.png

There's something off about this to me.
It's probably the mouse thing.
It looks out-of style.
something that i REALLY hate about most sonic fangames is that when sonic runs on slopes, rather than using the existing diagonal and vertical sprites, they'll simply rotate sonic's regular running sprite to the angle he's at and it looks totally awful and out of place. Unfortunately, your game suffers from this.

same with the effects for spindashing and collecting rings. They're not sprited, and look totally out of place.
(09-10-2010, 04:20 PM)SnowflakeSparks Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2010, 08:55 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]something that i REALLY hate about most sonic fangames is that when sonic runs on slopes, rather than using the existing diagonal and vertical sprites, they'll simply rotate sonic's regular running sprite to the angle he's at and it looks totally awful and out of place. Unfortunately, your game suffers from this.

same with the effects for spindashing and collecting rings. They're not sprited, and look totally out of place.
Not sure which demo you played, but is this any better?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7XcmtiQ...re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqXAj_PVISs (more recent)

IIRC, the only reason the Genesis games had rotation sprites was due to limitations. I'm not sure how tedious it'd be to code in special sprites for rotations, but also not sure if Rathe (creator of the new sprite set) is up to spriting new rotations, if it happened.

Do agree on the smoke and rings personally though.

Just as Sparks already stated for me. No one can please Everyone. Just have to compromise...
(09-10-2010, 04:49 PM)MCPencils Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2010, 04:20 PM)SnowflakeSparks Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2010, 08:55 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]something that i REALLY hate about most sonic fangames is that when sonic runs on slopes, rather than using the existing diagonal and vertical sprites, they'll simply rotate sonic's regular running sprite to the angle he's at and it looks totally awful and out of place. Unfortunately, your game suffers from this.

Not sure which demo you played, but is this any better?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7XcmtiQ...re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqXAj_PVISs (more recent)

IIRC, the only reason the Genesis games had rotation sprites was due to limitations. I'm not sure how tedious it'd be to code in special sprites for rotations, but also not sure if Rathe (creator of the new sprite set) is up to spriting new rotations, if it happened.

Do agree on the smoke and rings personally though.

Just as Sparks already stated for me. No one can please Everyone. Just have to compromise...
Actually no, that sounds like a lazy excuse.
Sure, it's tedious.
But that doesn't mean you should just say "Fuck it" and go for a more mediocre look.

There's already a programmed engine, the rotation can be programmed if the engine already looks like the maker of it is good enough at programming to handle it.

At least try to make the sprites.

RotSprite would probably do most of the work anyways.
keep in mind that you don't even need to /make/ anything

the sprites that the original sonic games used to show sonic on slopes have been ripped countless times

it's simply a matter of making the game display them rather than doing the incredibly ugly and out-of-place 360 rotation
Sonic Zero v3 with all 3 acts.

With Everything aside, I have an updated version of what we have so far. This time, it has some new gimmicks implemented, and all 3 acts of generic Garden are playable, including a working boss battle.
Well I don't have a problem with the rotation. Anyway, for a fan game this is EXTREMELY Professional. Reports:

-You should be able to press DOWN and turn into a ball at ANY angle when you have speed, not just the cardinal directions.
-If you keep jumping below an item box and knocking it up, it should break after like 3 consecutive hits, but if you keep knocking it up, you can push it into a wall, and it'll get stuck.
-The stuff that falls when you stand on them too long shouldn't be a permanent disappearance, they should re-appear after the spot they're in is outside the screen.
-Were the pipes on Act 2 right after the first loop supposed to be destroyed when rolling? Because if so, they didn't do that.

That's all I can remember. But there was more. A LOT more, actually, but this is still pretty awesome Wink.
(09-29-2010, 10:16 PM)Koh Wrote: [ -> ]Well I don't have a problem with the rotation. Anyway, for a fan game this is EXTREMELY Professional. Reports:

-You should be able to press DOWN and turn into a ball at ANY angle when you have speed, not just the cardinal directions.
-If you keep jumping below an item box and knocking it up, it should break after like 3 consecutive hits, but if you keep knocking it up, you can push it into a wall, and it'll get stuck.
-The stuff that falls when you stand on them too long shouldn't be a permanent disappearance, they should re-appear after the spot they're in is outside the screen.
-Were the pipes on Act 2 right after the first loop supposed to be destroyed when rolling? Because if so, they didn't do that.

That's all I can remember. But there was more. A LOT more, actually, but this is still pretty awesome Wink.

I will admit to you, referring to statements 1-3, I 'm honestly surprised to know that. You see, The entire engine is indeed made with MMF2. When me and my co-programmer actually dabble with this again, we can most likely see if we can actually get those to work, because it makes sense. It won't be easy for the monitors, but I'm sure there can be a way to make it possible.

Now, for the last statement, Those pipes are unbreakable when it comes to Sonic and Tails. Only Knuckles can break them, Just like how the Paths differ in Sonic 3 & Knuckles for example.

Still, thank you for this kind of comment sir. It's really helpful.Smile