The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I found an original sheet of a rip of the graphics that appear on the lower part of the DS screen when your in a battle. These were originally ripped when the first japanese scans first came out, so some things (such as the text) weren't up-to-scratch.

So I decided that I would up-date them, and submit them to TSR. There are a few things from making this the definative sheet, but I think it's good enough for the time being:

[Image: Pokemon_Pearl_Diamond_Platinum_Lowe.png][Image: Pokemon_Pearl_Diamond_Platinum_Symb.png]

Update 19/7: HP Bars and updated Lower Battle Screen with '???' type
Further Update: Pokémon Party Summary Screen
[Image: Pokemon_Pearl_Diamond_HP_Bars_Logo.png][Image: Pokemon_Pearl_Diamond_Platinum_Lowe.png][Image: Pokemon_Pearl_Diamond_Pokmon_Summar.png]

Comments and Criticsim are welcome as always!
Good stuff! Can you do more, like menus and all that jazz?
Good job same as Miles said. Also why put a Ralts up against Lucario. That's just murder.
Thanks for the complement!

I do intend on ripping many more graphics form this game. The menu will be included with this. There is so much still to rip from this game!

(Oh and yes I know that Lucario vs Ralts is just overkill, but I was actually experimenting with my custom sprites at the time and just put the lower screen on)
Really good job! Nice work!
One small thing is that on the fight screen when your(or who your fighting's) party isn't full, the extra balls are gray. Also, you could make the status conditions markers.

That is all I can think of that is missing and even without it it is still great.
Catcatcat Wrote:One small thing is that on the fight screen when your(or who your fighting's) party isn't full, the extra balls are gray. Also, you could make the status conditions markers.

That is all I can think of that is missing and even without it it is still great.

If you don't have 6 Pokémon in your party, the balls are left out completely, I used my DS game as reference for this, the grey balls represent a fainted Pokémon. As for the status effects, they could be included in a seperate sheet (That's a good idea actually, an icon sheet is another missing item from TSR)
Great rips! Smile One thing that I noticed is that in your first rip you forgot the ??? (curse) type attack box.
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll add that to the sheet!

Anyway, I have another update:

[Image: Pokemon_Pearl_Diamond_HP_Bars_Logo.png]

Oh and I the updated Lower Battle Screen with '???' type:

[Image: Pokemon_Pearl_Diamond_Platinum_Lowe.png]

Next: Menu!
You're missing a ??? type move button for your latest sheet. Otherwise, this is rad. Good job!
Eh, I don't get what you mean...

Anyway I'm working on a Party Summary screen rip, it's nearly done. I'll post it once I have completed it.

Also there are some nice new Pokémon Platinum images where I can rip things from, would anyone be interested in seeing a sheet with a few tidbits on?

Update: Pokémon Party Summary Screen

[Image: Pokemon_Pearl_Diamond_Pokmon_Summar.png]
On the pokemon summary screen sheet you forgot the fainted status icon.
redblueyellow Wrote:On the pokemon summary screen sheet you forgot the fainted status icon.

Thanks (again!) for pointing that out. I'll amend it later.

Anyway are there any requests for things to be ripped? I'm a little stumped as what to do next. Give me some suggestions people!
Space Guard Wrote:
redblueyellow Wrote:On the pokemon summary screen sheet you forgot the fainted status icon.

Thanks (again!) for pointing that out. I'll amend it later.

Anyway are there any requests for things to be ripped? I'm a little stumped as what to do next. Give me some suggestions people!

Your welcome. Smile

You could try to do the actual pokemon summaries (stats, attacks, contest effects of attacks, etc.). Excellent job on the rips.

Hi Space Guard! I have been using your rips to make attack animations, and I just want to thank you for them! I am new on this foru, so if I do something wrong, please tell me. I have been ripping for a while, and I want to submit these DP background rips. Thanks!

[Image: dpbackgroundsod1.png]
Pages: 1 2