The VG Resource

Full Version: All the worlds a stage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And we are merely puppets.
[Image: 1zcjn8h.jpg]

I'm still fiddling with the overall style and what not, but the general idea is to have everything look like it's apart of a puppet show. The main character's name is Fen, last name Gar (Finger puppet).
When he jumps does he have a finger sticking into him? Tongue
Probably not. Kinda like how the enemies strings fade away. Despite being puppets, they are alive.
Great idea, I support it, althought the enemy kiinda looks like a girl with those cheeks.
The enemy is the best part.

I like the concept! Makes me happy to see original things here. Though the hero could use some work, his design isn't so amazing. His helmet looks squished, giving his head an awkward look. Its also pretty hard to see whats going on beneath his neck, so I would suggest making body a little bigger.
(06-23-2010, 04:52 PM)mozzy Wrote: [ -> ]The enemy is the best part.

I like the concept! Makes me happy to see original things here. Though the hero could use some work, his design isn't so amazing. His helmet looks squished, giving his head an awkward look. Its also pretty hard to see whats going on beneath his neck, so I would suggest making body a little bigger.

I completely agree. I'm not too good when it comes to designs, but I do want to rethink the hero. Maybe something less knight like, and more unexpected hero.
I agree with the hero part. It makes him look too prepared. And the cloud seems kinda funny to me.
The cloud looks funny? Seeing as how it's meant to look like a piece of white cardboard tied up, I'm going to need more to go off of than "It looks funny"

not looking like cloud at all

it looks like someone hung up a giang deformed egg. Make it more curvy and with indents so it looks more like a cloud.
Well, I know it's supposed to be cardboard tied up, but I dont see much in the left part of the cloud, it doesnt feel like it's flat.
I guess it's the background.
[Image: 29c0ytv.jpg]
Much better, now it has the shape of a cloud.
(06-23-2010, 10:11 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 29c0ytv.jpg]

Holy hell I love this. The design is a thousand times better. Though it would be cool if he still had a sword.
(06-24-2010, 01:09 AM)mozzy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2010, 10:11 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 29c0ytv.jpg]

Holy hell I love this. The design is a thousand times better. Though it would be cool if he still had a sword.

Oh don't worry, I still plan on having it. I'm considering giving him different items that he can use, so I made him without anything for now.

I also didn't add it because I wanted people to get a full feel for the new design without the sword being in the way.
it's really cool now

but be sure to give the boy a sword, so he can cut the puppets' stings C:
Pages: 1 2