The VG Resource

Full Version: KHR Person
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: kuromu.gif]
yes, another anime character ^ ^''
I'm in the mood right now. Anyway, C+C?
Whats up with the sudden anime raid?
Maybe a bit more contrast for the skin?
[Image: baegaled.png]
(06-21-2010, 10:37 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]Whats up with the sudden anime raid?
looks at sprite discussion

only anime threads on first page:
-spriting is hard (custom stuff)
-KHR Person
-Saria
I dont really like the shadow the hair gives in the skin, it looks like a black triangle.
i see unnecesary selout on that hair.
(06-21-2010, 10:37 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]Whats up with the sudden anime raid?

sorry, we'll go back to spriting only mario again
(06-22-2010, 04:03 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]

sorry, we'll go back to spriting only mario again

When it was me only spriting Mario it was the cool thing that all the kiddies would click through the pages to see.
Even though I kinda let everyone down and failed.

Now Mario is something to make fun at Iceman at.
Sure it's funny, but that used to be my main thing back in the day.
Ah well, I'll finish that 100 Mario's someday.

Now about the face. It's nice and smooth. I think the face could use one more shade and have the shades be darker to smoothen the features like the mouth and eye (and eye-patch).
And the eyebrow is weird. You can do something a little more exciting with that. Maybe start off by giving it shape.
do you mean a shade between the darkest and the first shade, or between the mid-tone and first shade?
More contrast between the shades. You can keep the lightest color, make the shade darker, and have an even darker shade for smooth AA cause you're AAing black.

and Iceman, don't thank my post fuck god bloody damn it.
I'm thanking that post because I remember the Mario 100 Ways thing you did and you should totally finish it and and

and ninspriter got what I was going to say

up the contrast between each shade. It'll be hard to up contrast between two already light shades, so keep the brightest shade and then darken the next shade

oh, and hue shifts.
Iceman is thanking every single post that favours him, even if indirectly Blank

Yes, NinspriterX did a lot of Marios back in the day, but that was the purpose of the challenge. Iceman, though, isn't in a Mario-spriting challenge, so it'd be cool if he did more than plumbers with red caps.

(not that I'm disregarding his compo entry, etc)
okay, thanks everyone. I'll get working on it in a bit. I'm kinda rushed today, so I can't right now.
turns out I did have some time to work on it, but I was kinda stumped when I tried to fix it.
[Image: kuromu.png] Is this any better? :/