The VG Resource

Full Version: The "What if Pokémon Emerald used FR/LG sprites" Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had an idea where, like the title says, "What if Pokémon Emerald used FR/LG sprites?" What I mean by that, is how the sprites animate in Emerald, but they don't in FR/LG. For some reason Emerald animated off of the Ruby/Sapphire sprites instead of the FireRed/LeafGreen sprites, so I thought it would be cool to make a rom hack of Emerald that uses FireRed/LeafGreen sprites, plus custom FR/LG-styled sprites of Johto and Hoenn Pokémon.

The format for Generation I Pokémon goes like this:
Name --- Link to Frame 2 --- By whom
(This is because Frame 1 is going to be the standard FR/LG sprite)

The format for Generation II & III Pokémon goes like this:
Name --- Link to Frame 1 --- Link to Frame 2 --- By whom

Generation I (COMPLETED):

Generation II:

Generation III:
Obviously this is similar to the Pokemon Pink project, but with FR/LG styled sprites, plus 386 Pokemon, and 2 frames per Pokemon (except Kanto Pokemon). Since Pokemon Pink has been around for quite a while I think this might not ever get finished, but oh well.

If you would like to make sprites for a Kanto Pokemon, you must only use 1 frame, and make it so that it makes sense if animated with the standard FR/LG sprite.

If you would like to make sprites for a Johto or Hoenn Pokemon, it has to be 2 frames, both have to be FR/LG style, and they must make sense if there were to be animated in-game.

Also, strikethrough indicates that new sprites aren't necessary, since those respective Kanto Pokemon used R/S sprites in FR/LG. Also, because of this, new sprites for some other Pokemon may potentially not be necessary, because they could be considered FR/LG style. An example of this would be Marill's sprite, which in my opinion, can fit with FR/LG just fine.