The VG Resource

Full Version: [Songs] FR/LG style G/S/C music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Disclaimer: Yes, I know HeartGold and SoulSilver have been out for months, and YES, I know that the entire soundtrack was already overhauled there, but bear with me here, especially if you thought the HG/SS versions were meh. Not that I do, this is just for fun.

Now that that's out of the way, I present to you, 10 songs from Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal, remastered into the style of the GBA tunes, specifically, I was aiming for FireRed and LeafGreen, but all 5 GBA had pretty much the same style (but R/S/E used less simple waveforms).

Even then, I can't say they're completely in style; while I used most of the original instruments from FR/LG and R/S/E (they share the same sound bank mostly), I borrowed some instruments from elsewhere. Specifically, Mother 3, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Final Fantasy 4 (obviously, FF is the only GBA with a decent pipe organ Tongue) lent me a few samples to round out my library a little more.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1G1UK2KA

This package contains the following songs:
"Look! A Strange Person! (Johto version)" - You know a Pokemanic is stalking you when this plays.
"Dark Cave"
"Battle! Vs. Champion Lance!" - Note that I did not include Red in the title. While likely a real OST would do that too, I actually am planning on making Red his own, more fitting arrangement of this, or a new composition all together.
"Team Rocket Headquarters" - Misspelled on the ID3 tag because I'm a dork :B
"Battle! Vs. Gym Leader! (Johto Version)"
"Decisive Battle! Vs. Kanto Gym Leaders!"
"Burned Tower" - This is my favorite of the Map BGM I've done so far. Cute
"Battle! Vs. Trainer! (Johto Version)" - I was going to name it "Rival Trainer", but it sounded too much like a battle song name for the actual Rival Tongue
"Rival Duels! Vs. Silver!"
"Rival Silver appears!"

Also included is a W.I.P. version of the Bicycle theme that sucks compared to the others, because I can't be arsed to remove it from the .zip at the moment. Sue me.

Aside from that though, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer. C+C are always welcome!

Thanks for listening,
~Chao