The VG Resource

Full Version: Self Portrait
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: aviatorsartgh8.png]

WIP, C+C on the shading on the face plz
whoa, pretty good. however, do some shading on the forehead. (do you really look like that? lol)
Yeah, I said it was a WIP and I wasn't done with it yet. And yes, I look like that.
Looks really out of shape. I mean, it looks like you have no forhead, and the head takes the shape of the hair >>
picture ref?
I don't know much about anatomy and junk, but the shading sure looks like it can come out nicely. I recommend you start hue-shifting as you go darker down, so basically make it a little bit more red as you go. Try contrast for the lighter colors too. You could even try a little bit more colors if you want. But yet, head does look disproportionate.
Well maybe its the ref I took of myself that had a weird angle. But I'll try working on the forhead area a bit
Alright, update. I finished the face and reshaped the head
I dislike the color of the lips, but thats the closest I could get to making them pink without it looking too much like lipstick

[Image: aviatorsartid5.png]
I'd say don't give the lips so much of an outline.
Agreed, that's what makes it look like lipstick.

Also, finish so we can C+C harder. :/
You know, it's hard to crit a self-portrait without the reference picture. Post that along with the sprite and we can crit more effectively.