The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario & Sonic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need help in creating certain sprites for a fan-game that my friends and I are in the process of writing. No official title, but this Mario vs. Sonic game consists of...

Fang the Sniper
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polarbear
Metal Sonic

Wario
Waluigi

Jr. Troopa

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Goombario
Koops
Bow
Yoshi
Mallow

Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles "Tails" Prower
Knuckles the Echidna
Amy Rose
Shadow the Hedgehog
Vector the Crocodile
Espio the Chameleon
Charmy Bee
Mighty the Armadillo

Yes, I know over half of this list is in either Sonic Battle or Mario & Luigi sprite form, but the highlighted characters are who I need sprites (sonic Battle and M&L). Each Team consists of at least 7, so tell me one to either delete from sonic/Mario Team or add onto Team Greed (money/ power-hungry guys). I can trade sprites for a drawing instead of a free trade. Ask for a drawing (or more) and you make me a few sprites for me: http://dread-the-m-beast.deviantart.com/

If you wish to know what this is truly for, I have multiple scripts (some of which are still in production) that you can read and find out for yourself. Of course, I will only hand this outs to those who will take this seriously.
[x] member that registered just to demand help
[x] post that doesn't contain any shred of evidence that the poster is willing to help in any way shape or form
[ ] member insists that it would be worth it to help him

[Image: tumblrl3dh11xmfl1qzuyl5.gif]
alright
lets just see if this thread completes the "how not to request" checklist in a few posts......... yes....................
What he means is "what's in it for me?"
well, there's that

and there's the fact that he's coming across as literally every other member who joins just to say "hey, here's a list of lots of things i want done. do them."
I have been here for less then a month, and I still havent seen anybody pay for their requests. Let's see if this one can change that.
(06-16-2010, 03:47 PM)2-D Wrote: [ -> ]I have been here for less then a month, and I still havent seen anybody pay for their requests. Let's see if this one can change that.

Thank you for trying to defend me. Still, I understand where Wailson is coming from: "A guy comes in and asks only for something and never posts on any other part of the forum." I won't bore anyone with why that is, but I would like to count this as a trade, not a simple request where only I benefit from it. I know that making sprites is a time consuming process, which is why I'll draw for sprites (maybe 5-15 for each drawing?). Of course, to make it fair, I don't want to finish a drawing with no sprites, nor vice versa for the sprite artist.
(06-16-2010, 03:45 PM)princaipal wailson Wrote: [ -> ]well, there's that

and there's the fact that he's coming across as literally every other member who joins just to say "hey, here's a list of lots of things i want done. do them."

Hmph! And you're the kind of guy I encounter in reality and the internet: policing and >implying what you want others to think. So, for a hoot, you John C. Reilly fan, you, you are doing a good job. Now, if you don't mind, stop implying the usual of others that you've described on this forum.
(06-16-2010, 11:10 PM)SnowflakeSparks Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2010, 10:50 PM)ChaoticTrepidation Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2010, 03:45 PM)princaipal wailson Wrote: [ -> ]well, there's that

Hmph! And you're the kind of guy I encounter in reality and the internet: policing and >implying what you want others to think. So, for a hoot, you John C. Reilly fan, you, you are doing a good job. Now, if you don't mind, stop implying the usual of others that you've described on this forum.
Hate to break it to ya, but he is right; you are giving us that vibe.

Figures as much. Not much I can do to change that, huh? I guess I'll just watch and see what unfolds (most likely situation being that this thread is closed and my warning percentage increases).
sorry, but your drawings are quite worthless as a form of "payment". they're shit.

i'd rather get the game up with some placeholders and show some progress and try to hook someone in the project, or improve your drawing skills so they would actually be something worthy, or just get a budget to support your project. whatever comes first.
(06-17-2010, 10:26 AM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]sorry, but your drawings are quite worthless as a form of "payment". they're shit.

i'd rather get the game up with some placeholders and show some progress and try to hook someone in the project, or improve your drawing skills so they would actually be something worthy, or just get a budget to support your project. whatever comes first.

They're not shit, just inadequate coloring. Yes, they're terrible, but not shitty. I can't shade, I can't do digital art, but don't call my art shit. They're not the greatest in the world, probably the worst on deviantArt, but I know some people that like them (and they're not young toddlers, thank you). My art is everything I've got, so don't be over-criticizing my work.

My group and I wish to write out the script before programming anything.
Sorry man, but your drawings are at the same level as an elementary school kid, with the subpar shape, coloring and blind defense of them.
Offering THAT as payment for a set of original sprites is the same as when a little toddler goes to a candy store and pretends to pay with colored rocks he picked from the ground.
tl;dr: You ask too much and offer nothing worth of all the time and effort.
(06-17-2010, 11:05 AM)ChaoticTrepidation Wrote: [ -> ]They're not shit, just inadequate coloring. Yes, they're terrible, but not shitty. I can't shade, I can't do digital art, but don't call my art shit. They're not the greatest in the world, probably the worst on deviantArt, but I know some people that like them (and they're not young toddlers, thank you). My art is everything I've got, so don't be over-criticizing my work.
ok, take your notebook out and take notes because this is going to be a life lesson:

your drawings as they are now are shit as a whole, sorry but they are shit, and you cant expect to trade shit for quality because its obvious that you're expecting a decent quality in the sprites you are requesting.

i can understand you're defensive about what you have done so far because well its the stuff you like and it took you time to make it and etc and maybe you're still in your early stages of development as an artist so it would be justified their current quality.

but still

they're shit to anyone thats not your inner cirle of internet/irl friends that wont be honest with you because that would hurt your feelings. and thats ok because you seem to be aware -to an extent- of what theya re atm so i'm asuming that being aware means you're working on improving your skills

really, get your team to develop that script, get a proper engine and use placeholder sprites to have something that goes past the "oh the awesome idea". if you ever manage to reach that point, i'm p sure people will naturally offer help to develop the project.
(06-17-2010, 11:35 AM)Maneko Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry man, but your drawings are at the same level as an elementary school kid, with the subpar shape, coloring and blind defense of them.
Offering THAT as payment for a set of original sprites is the same as when a little toddler goes to a candy store and pretends to pay with colored rocks he picked from the ground.
tl;dr: You ask too much and offer nothing worth of all the time and effort.

I give up then. Shut this thread down, report it to an admin, whatever. Only three replies, and I've already got complaints of my art. I'd like to see yours, and the other asinine characters & complainers so far. I'll work on this with my friends instead, so all of you pessimistic critics can kiss my big, fat arse!
if i show you my work will you shut up because im seriously considering doing so

by the way
Quote:Hmph! And you're the kind of guy I encounter in reality and the internet: policing and >implying what you want others to think. So, for a hoot, you John C. Reilly fan, you, you are doing a good job. Now, if you don't mind, stop implying the usual of others that you've described on this forum.
thanks for the laugh, 10/10 post
(06-17-2010, 09:42 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2010, 11:05 AM)ChaoticTrepidation Wrote: [ -> ]They're not shit, just inadequate coloring. Yes, they're terrible, but not shitty. I can't shade, I can't do digital art, but don't call my art shit. They're not the greatest in the world, probably the worst on deviantArt, but I know some people that like them (and they're not young toddlers, thank you). My art is everything I've got, so don't be over-criticizing my work.
ok, take your notebook out and take notes because this is going to be a life lesson:

your drawings as they are now are shit as a whole, sorry but they are shit, and you cant expect to trade shit for quality because its obvious that you're expecting a decent quality in the sprites you are requesting.

i can understand you're defensive about what you have done so far because well its the stuff you like and it took you time to make it and etc and maybe you're still in your early stages of development as an artist so it would be justified their current quality.

but still

they're shit to anyone thats not your inner cirle of internet/irl friends that wont be honest with you because that would hurt your feelings. and thats ok because you seem to be aware -to an extent- of what theya re atm so i'm asuming that being aware means you're working on improving your skills

really, get your team to develop that script, get a proper engine and use placeholder sprites to have something that goes past the "oh the awesome idea". if you ever manage to reach that point, i'm p sure people will naturally offer help to develop the project.

Thank you, at last, somebody who will stop just critiquing my art and see from my perspective. I am done with this thread and am very protective of my art, yes; still, my team and I will take your advice, and so will I for my art. Thank you. ^^
And to add on to what they were saying... that is a terrible roster...
Pages: 1 2