The VG Resource

Full Version: My Fakemon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: fakemonwe3.png]
Some of them are big crap.
I don't think you can call them 'Fakemon' since all of them but 2 are recolors and cut-&-pasted things. With the two that you made, try studying actual Pokémon sprites so you see how the shading and poses should look.
They call this Fakemon.
DarkKirby Wrote:They call this Fakemon.
He isn't saying anything about the names, he means that you just take pokemon sprites, throw 'em in the mixer and done.
And with the 2 customs, he means the shading and outline are done wrong.
STOP POSTING

pokemon edits/recolors/shit are horrible
Wow, you made quite alot of sprites? But I was wondering... do you have anything that doesn't suck? I mean, no one is impressed by fusions or recolors, and the ones that ARE custom aren't really WOWing me either.

Edit: You must have a thing for that little weather balloon with testicles, don't you.
ten bucks says this is the same distinguished gentleman who made the "infernos".
its not. that was PK!. (seriously. his name had a freaking exclaimation mark at the end.) And dark kirby, by the way, these are called splices or fusions. and recolors. study sprites more to learn better shading/poses.
Lol too cool
Lucoshi Wrote:Lol too cool

hhhhhhhaaaate
skink Wrote:STOP POSTING

pokemon edits/recolors/shit are horrible

I love you/agree.
Alright.

Cut the crap and offer some actual advice instead of beating him over the head.

The next guy who goes out of their way to be offensive in this topic gets a 15% warn and a day to think over their decision to flame him.

Now, DK, you might be wondering why you're getting chewed out by the other Fakemon topic didn't. That's because of two things : they were custom sprites made in the style and that person didn't post a wall of sprites. Recolors aren't spriting, minor edits aren't spriting, and splices aren't spriting. Customs are the only way not to get thrown into a firestorm of hate in regard to pokemon.
Besides, aren't Fakemon technically considered fan-made characters, and therefore illegal? I'm not trying to be offensive, just right.

So, to counteract that, I see tons of nice recolors that I would look at as "shiny" Pokemon alternatives. The Dark Lugia, especially.
i would so make a game out of the castform dex Wink
I am personally of the opinion that fusions and re-elements get looked down upon way too often, as many times I have seen instances where they were done so well that I could not have done them half as well, being a scratch spriter myself.

This, unfortunately, is not one of those instances.

M'kay... Oi, where do I begin? >< Way, way, waaay too copy-pasteish. When doing fusions, look at the body structure of each Pokemon and try to visualize how to make them fit together. Don't just tack body parts from one onto the other, but modify the base Pokemon to make it fit, and if the second Pokemon's traits to be mixed in don't fit well or are at an off angle, then try practicing with doing body parts from scratch. Recolor the whole thing, don't leave off the outlines, don't use eye-blinding colors. And some of them are jpg'ed.

And to be honest, the Shadow Lugia sticks out because half of it is done well, but the eyes being default MS paint color makes it look like you edited someone else's recolor. :/

And as it has been said, while fusions and re-elements can be done well, they are still not Fakemon.
Pages: 1 2 3