The VG Resource

Full Version: Tin Man Sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so now that I have introduced myself out in the Arrivals and Departures thread, time for my first sprite post. [Image: tinman.png]
it's bad

the pose is stiff and flat, you shaded just to shade and not to convey tridimensionality, the eye highlight contradicts with the shading, you used way too much straight lines.

and considering he's made of tin
[Image: tin_can_sml.png]
then you should shade him like the can above. Metallic objects tend to have great contrast and reflects a lot of light.
(06-15-2010, 08:52 AM)*Gorsal* Wrote: [ -> ]it's bad

the pose is stiff and flat, you shaded just to shade and not to convey tridimensionality, the eye highlight contradicts with the shading, you used way too much straight lines.

and considering he's made of tin
[Image: tin_can_sml.png]
then you should shade him like the can above. Metallic objects tend to have great contrast and reflects a lot of light.

Ok, not much improvement, mostly arms and shading. [Image: tinman20.png] Future fixing coming.
Ok, rounded off the arms some, and removed the arm border. [Image: tinman30.png]
Shade him like the can.
Start over.
Line art is bad, limbs are stiff, and you won't be able to fix anything until you've fixed those.
Seeing as he's banned, I don't think he can.
heh Tongue
Alts are dealt with strictly here.