The VG Resource

Full Version: Star Fox Command Sprite Sheets (Warning: Large)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: starfoxcommand-mugshots.png]
[Image: starfoxcommand-mugshots_icon.gif]

[Image: starfoxcommand-mergedmaps.png]
[Image: starfoxcommand-mergedmaps_icon.png]

[Image: starfoxcommand-stagemaps.png]
[Image: starfoxcommand-stagemaps_icon.png]

[Image: starfoxcommand-unusedicons.png]
[Image: starfoxcommand-unusedicons_icon.png]

I ripped these almost a year ago, but never got around to uploading them. I ripped them (and a few other more boring ones which I may post later) using Tahaxan and my own custom XML definitions for some of the image formats. Thanks to the work of Jiranis, the only remaining character sprites/background imagery left to decode is the animated, full-size characters who talk in the cutscenes, and the background imagery used during those cutscenes. Everything else is either overlays or small icons.

For those interested in the problem of trying to decode those remaining parts, I believe they may be stored as texture files, and are not easily decoded. I was able to pull out 2D images from them, but never in the right format because the palette and/or tile information is non-existant or self contained. The files with extensions .tset and .mdl-cmp may be the animated sprites used in the actual cutscenes, but again, no luck decoding them.

I'd appreciate any help on those final sprites, and by appreciate, I mean a $50 check. Smile
Looks very good.

...Are animated icons allowed?
Large Sheet is Large Tongue *shot*

And yes, they're allowed. The 64 mugshots icon was also animated.
Twilight Shadow Wrote:Large Sheet is Large Tongue *shot*

And yes, they're allowed. The 64 mugshots icon was also animated.
No, they're not
The Starfox 64 one was accepted but I don't know why :/

Also, I like these sheets Heart
I actually don't have Command. The endings look bad in both concept and artwork, but I'm still considering getting the game.

PS: That's one fucked up sig you got there, Solnik... (.)_(.)
Well drat! I only made the animated one because I saw that the SF64 mugshot icon was animated. You guys need to be more consistent! Big Grin

To clear up, if someone gets the animated characters and background imagery, or provides a way to do so, I will pay only them $50. I don't have THAT much money.
The offer, and similar others are listed here, under Bounties:
http://krystalarchive.com/articles/needed/

@Twilight Shadow
It's a good game, though a little repetitive sometimes. It has a lot of what Star Fox fans were asking for: Wi-fi, a branching story, Arwing-only, but the execution of the game seemed a bit odd all around. Not bad, just odd. Also, if you are a hardcore Star Fox fan, you may find most of the endings unbearably weird or out of place.
Yeah, Star Fox Assault was the first Star Fox game I ever got, (if Melee doesn't count) so I generally like the factor of going on foot and hopping in an Arwing or Landmaster. (or even the Wolfen in vs. mode)

I also have 64 for the Wii Virtual Console. I can't get past the Landmaster stages, though... Cry

Still a good game. I really like Star Fox: Assault for it's good graphics, which both 64 and Command generally lacks. (but it's not the game's fault. Both the 64 and DS have flawed 3D graphics. I really like the sprited games, like PDP and PMD, better)

Oh, and one more point. WTF is with Leon's ship?! The Rainbow Delta? What a gay name for such a blackhearted assassin...

So I don't think I'll be getting Command.
Both Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Command's 3D graphics were great for the platforms they were on and timeframe in which they were released. Saying they have flawed graphics is like saying Super Smash Bros. Brawl has flawed graphics because they weren't in HD.
AWESOME!!!! how long did this take you?
About 3 or 4 hours to rip the sprites, about 3 hours to photoshop stuff together.
Great job man! Nice work.

I'm accepting that animated icon as well... I just find them lulzy Tongue
So they're going to be posted soon?
Eventually, I can't say when at the moment as I'm not even in my city at the moment.
Dazz Wrote:Eventually, I can't say when at the moment as I'm not even in my city at the moment.
It'll be up when I update tSR with all the sheets in the Nintendo section of the queue (around 300 sheets).
I love the mug shots!!!!! Keep up the good work.
Pages: 1 2