The VG Resource

Full Version: Character Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello there, Im new tothe site,and I have been working on a new style, something that I can call my own.
And this is what I have come with so far
[Image: extrawork.png]
The character on the left is the older version, and the one on the right is the newest version, my problem is that I can't seem to get the head complete. Any tips?
Not bad at all, though I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice on the head. I'm not very good at humans Sick
Well, the main problem is the hair, you see, what Im trying to do is remake the older version. and well, so far all the attempts have been, well, a complete fail.
You should make his arms stick out to the sides just a little bit, and maybe make his shirt-sleeves more noticeable.
EDIT: Crap.I gave crits for the old one!
Anyways, on the new one: You should make his stance less...erm...Air-humpy.
There isn't really a problem with airhump as long as it's executed correctly for the sake of style.

I will say, however, that the problem with your head is that he lacks any bones in his face. It just suddenly droops where it shouldn't as if he has no jawbones. Thicken out his face and make it look less like a vegetable.
it looks like sims
(06-13-2010, 09:20 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't really a problem with airhump as long as it's executed correctly for the sake of style.

I will say, however, that the problem with your head is that he lacks any bones in his face. It just suddenly droops where it shouldn't as if he has no jawbones. Thicken out his face and make it look less like a vegetable.

I see, so you mean for me to change the outline of the head into a more realistic head? Because if that's the case then it might be a little trouble some, since Im not very good with anatomy. But I can give it a try.
[Image: untitled-1.png]
UPDATE
Left is the what I got right now so far.
Right is the first old version.
The right side of his head-shape is real blocky, try smoothening/rounding it out.
The entire right side of the head, or just a certain area?
(06-15-2010, 08:36 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]The right side of his head-shape is real blocky, try smoothening/rounding it out.
enable your pms i want to have a legitimate conversation with you without shitting up a thread

but you have pms disabled

so i cant do that
It is not disabled, and I dont see why this is necesary. But ok.
you dont see why it's necessary because you don't know why i want to do this
and i'm not even talking to you anyways so

also
if he doesnt have them disabled he seems to have me blocked from pming him so he can continue to think he's better than me or some shit i dont even know
(06-15-2010, 08:53 PM)princaipal wailson Wrote: [ -> ]you dont see why it's necessary because you don't know why i want to do this
and i'm not even talking to you anyways so

also
if he doesnt have them disabled he seems to have me blocked from pming him so he can continue to think he's better than me or some shit i dont even know

it's possible that hes ignoring your posts and doesnt even know you want to pm him
-
v- heh guess not then. wow
he still replies to my posts and thanks everything that has even the smallest hint of "no 1up, you're wrong" in it so i seriously doubt that's the case
Pages: 1 2 3