The VG Resource

Full Version: Do these make a diference?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductD...5FID=73048

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductD...5FID=73047

I haven't played a fighter seriously in years. I'm looking to get back into them, with SSFIV, so when I go to pick it up tommorow I wanna know if these controllers are overall better or just a glamour thing. If playing with teh 360 default controller is difficult and these are an advantage/enjoyment booster I'll have no problem buying one. If their a glamour thing, eh I can wait for Christmas or something.
If you're really a diehard SF fan, I'd get it. The joystick makes playing SFIV loads easier, and just seems more natural than the controller, IMO.
>360 controller

Yeah, you're a lot (I can't stress this enough) better off getting a joystick or something, since the 360's controller renders playing most fighters impossible. The PS3 controller is a lot more comfortable, so if you own one of those I'd suggest you get that version and save yourself the extra money.
I swear people are ripping vg fans of these days.
(06-13-2010, 04:39 PM)AgumonKid Wrote: [ -> ]I swear people are ripping vg fans of these days.
What are you even talking about
(06-13-2010, 07:29 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2010, 04:39 PM)AgumonKid Wrote: [ -> ]I swear people are ripping vg fans of these days.

the price the priceExclamation
"Arcade" Controllers have always been tons of money. And the newer controllers are more expensive overall because they are wireless, and they have a built-in, rechargeable battery.
(06-14-2010, 01:56 AM)AgumonKid Wrote: [ -> ]

oh cool you WERE actually talking about price
i was right(why did i delete my post)

The prices have nothing to do with a company wanting to rip people off. That's about as ignorant as you can be on the subject

I mean
do you not know that the world economy is(and has been) in a downward spiral for several years now?

do you not know that products are becoming increasingly more expensive to make, and as a result, sell?

do you not know that you need to be older than 13 to post on tsr? (spoilers: you didn't know that one.)
(spoilers spoilers: you're too young, or at least too incompetent to be here)

i mean seriously how ignorant or sheltered do you need to be to not know that there's an actual reason for high prices
(06-14-2010, 10:31 AM)princaipal wailson Wrote: [ -> ]

The prices have nothing to do with a company wanting to rip people off. That's about as ignorant as you can be on the subject

I mean
do you not know that the world economy is(and has been) in a downward spiral for several years now?

do you not know that products are becoming increasingly more expensive to make, and as a result, sell?

do you not know that you need to be older than 13 to post on tsr? (spoilers: you didn't know that one.)

i mean seriously how ignorant or sheltered do you need to be to not know that there's an actual reason for high prices

Srsly just stop your flaming me b/c i complain about something theres no reason to flame someone for and you have been flaming me just b/c im posting and im realy annoyed especially on how you make it a problem b/c of my age, i dont get how thats being ignorant you seem too be the ignorant hear also i never game my age how do you know im 13
Hes not flaming you, just telling the truth.
the truth is now flaming
(06-15-2010, 01:42 AM)AgumonKid Wrote: [ -> ]Srsly just stop your flaming me b/c i complain about something theres no reason to flame someone for and you have been flaming me just b/c im posting and im realy annoyed especially on how you make it a problem b/c of my age, i dont get how thats being ignorant you seem too be the ignorant hear also i never game my age how do you know im 13
there's a huge difference between telling the truth and flaming, broseph

also iceman, i find it completely hilarious that you thank every post that has even a shred of "fuck 1up" in it
if you have a problem with me, man up and say what it is. don't hide behind """thanks"""
watch iceman think he's pissing me off and that he's """""""better than me""""""" because of this post now
(06-15-2010, 01:42 AM)AgumonKid Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2010, 10:31 AM)princaipal wailson Wrote: [ -> ]

I mean

Srsly just stop your flaming me b/c i complain about something theres no reason to flame someone for and you have been flaming me just b/c im posting and im realy annoyed especially on how you make it a problem b/c of my age, i dont get how thats being ignorant you seem too be the ignorant hear also i never game my age how do you know im 13

lol did you actually read what he said or did you just see that he didnt agree with you and instantly went "waaah mommy he hurt my feelings" and wet yourself
What were we supposed to be talking about again?
(06-15-2010, 01:42 AM)AgumonKid Wrote: [ -> ]you seem too be the ignorant hear also i never game my age how do you know im 13

I never game my age either, if I gamed my age I would never get any sleep. Back when I was younger it was a lot easier to game my age, if we're talking hours anyway.

On the topic of fight pads and sticks, I've played with both of those products in question (a friend of mine has the pad, I own the stick), and I can safely say that on the 360, it is a godsend.

However, from my own personal experience with the stick, I have difficulty doing quarter-circles forward when facing right, but I think that's just me not being used to the stick, I don't play with it all the time after all. However, in Street Fighter IV in particular, it makes you a MEAAAN charge character. My M. Bison is fucking nasty, I can actually beat my friend's Gouken, which is nearly impossible. We are planning on modding our fightsticks to make them awesome though, so I might get better at the quarter-circles.

If you aren't used to arcade-style joysticks, I might try the fight pad, it's basically makes the placement of the D-pad much more comfortable and gives a nice placement for the buttons that is more reliable than the triggers on a standard controller.
Pages: 1 2