The VG Resource

Full Version: Final Fantasy III (NES)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again, you might remember me as Shurlock who practically ripped all of Dragon Warrior 4 and some other stuff.

I have a lot of submissions I'm working on from Final Fantasy III of the NES (which never released to US). I didn't include the stuff that already was submitted to that section, though I'm getting a little confused on what I should do with the character "Stoned states" sprites because the other submitters did not include them with their submission. Should I just wrap all of them (stone states) all up in 1 sheet or add on to the existing sheets?

Anyway, this is kind of a work in progress on some things. I didn't manage to get all the monsters (though I am seeking them out as we speak with a guide). So bear with me. I'll be sure to add some image icons for the categories in a bit when I'm all finished.

I posted this a bit earlier than I wanted to, but I just keep thinking someone else might want to start on ripping these sprites and I didn't want them to go through all the trouble when I already did a lot. =P

Also, please don't shoot me for putting a couple links in there about a couple Final Fantasy related MMO fan games. =( If it's too much, I'll gladly remove whatever necessary. I just thought it would be nice since they're pretty decent and it's related.

[Image: ff3monstersicon.png]
[Image: ff3wmonstersicon.png]
[Image: ff3fmonstersicon.png]

[Image: ff3backgrounds2icon.png] (continuation of Alastair John Jack's sheet since he did not get all of them)

[Image: ff3wcrystaljobsicon.png]
[Image: ff3ecrystaljobsicon.png]
[Image: ff3stoneicon.png]

[Image: ff3crystalaicon.png]

Working on more rips for this game...animations, NPCs, more to come...
This is awesome! Thanks so much!
For the stone characters, you can add them if you want. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

Thanks again!
Woah, I just noticed it's already on the site after I added the site icons...(working on the job icons now). Are you sure you want to have a black background on the site icon? I made them transparent to keep with the theme a bit.

Also, is there a way you can place all the older submissions to this new user name rather than it was my old one "Shurlock"? (I never put "By shurlock" or anything like that in my past submissions so it shouldn't be confusing)

On a side note: I got quite a bit of battle animations and NPCs yesterday. Going to see if I can finish them up within the week.
I can change the names. And I was thinking about updating the icons to conform.

EDIT: Oh, you did icons! *saves*
Ok, thanks! Smile

Alright, the other site icons (jobs and stone states) are done. I'll be sure to next time make them when I first submit. Smile

Edit: I would like to note that the "Earth Crystal and Final Jobs" you updated on the site should be updated with the one on here. The overworld sprites have transparencies/outlines now
Ok, I heard you guys are merging with The Shyguy Kingdom, so now I wish I would have checked there first...

There are a lot of rips well done there of FF3 (except monsters).

http://tsgk.captainn.net/?p=showgame&t=sy&sy=6&ga=157

I suggest using the Overworld sprites (I was in the process of ripping a bit, though not too far into it!), and maybe even using their character Battle sprites over all of the ones we currently have (they're outlined already anyway!).

This isn't a loss to me, since I do this for "studying" other pixel art styles from good games like this. Smile Also, I enjoyed the very first time I played this as well a few days ago!

Having said all that, I will still be continuing with ripping nonetheless. Smile I'm currently doing battle weapons and animation effects. Luckily they don't have them submitted already. Wink

Btw, do you need help updating the merge with The Shyguy Kingdom (other games besides this)? I can easily search and compare through your indexes and submit site icons to your site. I just don't want poor souls to rip when they didn't need to. Smile
Sure, if you want. PM me. Tongue