The VG Resource

Full Version: Making Icons for Custom Sprites Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As some of you may know I was never happy that the custom section didn't have icons like the rest of the sections. A little while back someone (and myself) suggested it be so. So I thought I'd start a little project now that big changes are going on with the site(s) to start making icons for the custom section, so that in the distant future (when the time comes) they can be added to the site. Ready and waiting.

Who want's to help?

I already started these:

[Image: animalcrossingseriesico.png][Image: balloonfightseries.png][Image: batenkaitosseries.png]
[Image: billyhatcherseries.png][Image: bombermanseries.png][Image: bubblebobbleseries.png]

The goal is to make icons for every series in the custom sprite section.

The key here is to not use screenshots from a game like the other sections. But instead use artwork that reflects the series. (that way there is no confusion)
No one has anything to say? Anyone want to help?

[Image: megamanseries.png]
Didn't someone already post a bunch of sections icons for this at one point? I forget who made them and which thread they were in, but there was an icon made for each section.
I was bored so I decided to do a few ones

[Image: Bleach.png][Image: Castlevania.png][Image: DevilMayCry.png][Image: GuiltyGear.png]
[Image: FinalFantasy.png][Image: FinalFantasy2.png][Image: Sonic.png][Image: Klonoa.png][Image: Halo.png]
Working on Mario Series icon.
Here it is, everyone! The Custom/Edited Mario Series icon!
[Image: marioseriesicon.png]
...does anyone even care?
Well first of all there doesn't need to be the word "Mario" in the image since we got it written on top. Second of all I think we can do better than that.

Also Ultimecia I think the FF on the right looks the best.

Feel free to replace mine if you think you can do better guys.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...330&page=1
This thread had some of the section icons from a while back. I'm pretty sure there was another thread somewhere, so I'll look around for that too.

EDIT: Scroll down about half way and there are a few more:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=10945
Well that Animal Crossing one is definitely better than mine.
(06-13-2010, 06:15 PM)redblueyellow Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Scroll down about half way and there are a few more:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=10945

That's the page I was looking for.
Donkey Kong Icon
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3638]
[attachment=3638]

EDIT: I just realized that one of the other topics used the same picture... Oh well.

Sonic
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3641]
[attachment=3641]
(06-13-2010, 04:53 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Well first of all there doesn't need to be the word "Mario" in the image since we got it written on top. Second of all I think we can do better than that.

Also Ultimecia I think the FF on the right looks the best.

Feel free to replace mine if you think you can do better guys.
Thanks for the advice. Here:
[Image: marioseriesicon.png]
Does that look better?
Baloon Fight looks nice Koopaul.
heres a toy story series [Image: mugseries.png]
Oh excellent, that'll look perfect with the Toy Story section we don't have.
Pages: 1 2