The VG Resource

Full Version: GET OVER HERE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't know if want or not want, but either way, fuck yeah.
i'm loading it in HD. give me a minute
WOW..that loooked....GOOD.
Hm... Another one. Interesting take on it. Very interesting.
this
actually looks half decent

woah
[Image: 16k2sme.jpg]
sub zero mortal kombat rebirth

oh fuck
FINISH HIM
a bit overdramatic, but cool nonetheless
So wait.. is this a fan film? Is it a trailer for something larger? What am I watching here? Very Sad
(06-09-2010, 12:52 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]So wait.. is this a fan film? Is it a trailer for something larger? What am I watching here? Very Sad

Judging by the quality, I'm assuming it's not a fan film.
holy shit reptile thats fucking wicked, i hope they have him crawling around on walls and shit

also johnny cage was my favorite when i was little why is he dead ))): they better have him in the movie a few times before he gets killed off fff
This isn't fucking Mortal Kombat.

If you're going to reboot the series at least keep the shit that made Mortal Kombat what it is. Where the fuck is Shao Kahn and the Overworld and shit? Come on, I know the MK storyline wasn't the best and to be taken seriously (mainly because Boon is an incompetent developer), but that's what made MK what it is. You may as well have just called this movie something else and it would have had the same impact.

You don't reboot a series by changing EVERYTHING about it except the character names-- you have to have some sort of continuity between the series and the reboot.

However, I will say that the trailer is definitely graphically impressive and the storyline doesn't seem AWFUL. It still isn't Mortal Kombat though. :l
(06-09-2010, 02:22 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't fucking Mortal Kombat.

If you're going to reboot the series at least keep the shit that made Mortal Kombat what it is. Where the fuck is Shao Kahn and the Overworld and shit? Come on, I know the MK storyline wasn't the best and to be taken seriously (mainly because Boon is an incompetent developer), but that's what made MK what it is. You may as well have just called this movie something else and it would have had the same impact.

You don't reboot a series by changing EVERYTHING about it except the character names-- you have to have some sort of continuity between the series and the reboot.

However, I will say that the trailer is definitely graphically impressive and the storyline doesn't seem AWFUL. It still isn't Mortal Kombat though. :l

Exactly this. A hundred times this.
(06-09-2010, 02:38 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2010, 02:22 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't fucking Mortal Kombat.

Exactly this. A hundred times this.

babies

whose to say the whole entire plot and all of its characters are in that 7 minute preview

johnny cage was still an actor looking for work
jax is still working for a special task force
scorpion and sub zero are still rivals, and scorpion still killed sub zero's brother
reptile still loves to eat heads
etc etc ect

the only thing completely butchered was boraka

the possiblity of the netherword/overworld still exists, the only hint against it right now is the boraka is from earth
reptile was alwasy form earth, he was a "saurian" or w/e they just decided to drop the "saurian" thing probably becuase he was the only one left and it eou;ld probably soudn stupid to be like "oh where the hell did this reptile-like human come from??? oh hes a nice man form a race of reptile humans named saurians living her eon earth. oh well why havent i heard about them. hes the only one, baka ^__^"

welcoem to the ownzone youve just be "owned"
(06-09-2010, 02:48 AM)sexhaver1994 Wrote: [ -> ]whose to say the whole entire plot and all of its characters are in that 7 minute preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT4nmnr6fWk

look a movie trailer that covered every important subject of the mortal kombat series in less than 2 minutes

the fact that they got rid of all of the outworld races and just made them fucked-up human beings already shows that they completely dropped the original MK storyline completely, with the only continuity being that scorpion and sub-zero are rivals

they didn't even talk about raiden, one of the most important characters in the series-- how much you wanna bet that raiden isn't even a god anymore and that scorpion and sub-zero are just another messed up human being

but who knows maybe the plot won't be as farfetched as the fucking king of fighters movie
i mean it's cool that they're trying to reboot the MK series and putting forth effort, but they're changing way too much for it to even be the same thing
Pages: 1 2 3