The VG Resource

Full Version: Where I submit my files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, now that I completed my Gummi Ship model, I think it's about time to send it to the site! The link for the OBJ file is below and I'll supply the screenshots!

http://rapidshare.com/files/396839222/Gu...p.obj.html

(Note: I'm kind of new at file hosting sites, so I'm not sure if the above link would actually work. If it doesn't, can you show me an image hosting site that is reliable and very easy to use?)

[Image: Gummiship1-1.png?t=1276022401]

[Image: Gummiship2-1.png?t=1276022450]

[Image: Gummiship3-1.png?t=1276022487]

[Image: Gummiship4-1.png?t=1276022547]

By the way, I didn't use real textures on this ship. I only used colored lambert textures. Also, this is my first time actually submitting something, so if I goof up a little, try not to be upset. Once you find everything acceptable, I'll get to work right away on the icon!
Pretty good ship. Just a few things I wanna say about it. First, pull the turret hole a bit further out so it shows up correctly in other programs. Next, the back thrusters should either be two sided or have an inside because as it is right now you can see right through them to the back of the ship. Lastly, the .OBJ needs a .MTL accompanying it to get the colors to show up on import.

I'm not trying to be harshly critical, but just like TSR I'd like to maintain a certain level of quality on this site. Its not bad by any means, but there are a few things that could really be fixed that I mentioned above.
I can understand the problems for the cannon, but why should the engines have problems? When I look at them on my OBJ file, it looks perfectly fine! Plus, I thought I already made it double sided!

Also, how on earth am I supposed to make a MTL file anyway? It's not one of the Maya export options!

Lastly, I can't seem to download my own file from the file host to take a look at it. How were you able to do it anyway? I hate to sound like I'm complaining, but I barely know how to do these kinds of thing and I'm not even a Windows user! As much as I want to make all those improvements, it's starting to feel overwhelming to me.

I'm starting to feel like I can never contribute to this site due to its high standards and my confusion, and I think I can see that numbskull Crazy Koopa laugh at me... However, none of it is actually your fault, Shadowth117. I know you're just being helpful, but I just don't know what to do from here...
(06-08-2010, 06:46 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]I can understand the problems for the cannon, but why should the engines have problems? When I look at them on my OBJ file, it looks perfectly fine! Plus, I thought I already made it double sided!

Also, how on earth am I supposed to make a MTL file anyway? It's not one of the Maya export options!

Lastly, I can't seem to download my own file from the file host to take a look at it. How were you able to do it anyway? I hate to sound like I'm complaining, but I barely know how to do these kinds of thing and I'm not even a Windows user! As much as I want to make all those improvements, it's starting to feel overwhelming to me.

I'm starting to feel like I can never contribute to this site due to its high standards and my confusion, and I think I can see that numbskull Crazy Koopa laugh at me... However, none of it is actually your fault, Shadowth117. I know you're just being helpful, but I just don't know what to do from here...

You may have made the material Double Sided, but since the material loses that trait on export it has only one visible side when you go to look at it. There's some things I can't really explain because I don't sue that program, but there are other ways to find out.

If you want to learn about a lot of this stuff, Google is your friend. Take advantage of search engines because they're powerful tools to learn things and if you take the time to do it you learn a lot of stuff that would have taken forever to even find otherwise.

Just chill dude and don't expect too much for yourself at once. Learn at your own pace and when you feel comfortable maybe try again. As the old saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Edit: And to download from Rapidshare, click "Free User" and then wait for the big blue download button to show up. Click that to download it.
Thank you, I'm starting to feel much better. I just wanted to give back to the site that does wonders for my comics, but I don't think I am able to do that yet. However, I'm more than happy to show off the screen shots of my work without posting it, so I guess it's not a total loss.

I wish that I could collaborate with another user to create great submission, but I don't think anyone is willing to work with me here since most people think I should do everything by myself. Oh well, I guess I can't have everything.

Anyway, you've done so much for me, Shadowth117, and if I make another model, you'll be the first to look at it!
REALLY sweeeet.
(06-08-2010, 07:12 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, I'm starting to feel much better. I just wanted to give back to the site that does wonders for my comics, but I don't think I am able to do that yet. However, I'm more than happy to show off the screen shots of my work without posting it, so I guess it's not a total loss.

I wish that I could collaborate with another user to create great submission, but I don't think anyone is willing to work with me here since most people think I should do everything by myself. Oh well, I guess I can't have everything.

Anyway, you've done so much for me, Shadowth117, and if I make another model, you'll be the first to look at it!

OMG YAY! I was looking for this! now i can make a Gummi ship for MMD THANK UUUU!
(08-29-2010, 10:27 AM)valforwing Wrote: [ -> ]OMG YAY! I was looking for this! now i can make a Gummi ship for MMD THANK UUUU!

Ummmm... You're welcome? I really have no idea what MMD is, but you must be very happy to have a Gummi Ship if you have to revive an old topic. I have to warn you that it's not perfect, but based on your emotion, I think that you can care less about the flaws.

Anyway, I'm satisfied that I made at least one user happy with my model, so I'm starting to consider fixing up the ship and posting the complete version on the site.
(08-29-2010, 11:53 AM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2010, 10:27 AM)valforwing Wrote: [ -> ]OMG YAY! I was looking for this! now i can make a Gummi ship for MMD THANK UUUU!

Ummmm... You're welcome? I really have no idea what MMD is, but you must be very happy to have a Gummi Ship if you have to revive an old topic. I have to warn you that it's not perfect, but based on your emotion, I think that you can care less about the flaws.

Anyway, I'm satisfied that I made at least one user happy with my model, so I'm starting to consider fixing up the ship and posting the complete version on the site.

it's perfect! I for one have played KH1 ALOT
like it almost looks like a rip of the gummi ship from the FMV from the first part of the game! the cannon is a high qualiy replica of the thunder- g cannon and u got all the parts right, only thing missing is the seats...but i'm not quite shure those were really visable in KH1.
good job. any chance you are going to try to make other KH customs?
It almost looked like it came out of the game, huh? How flattering!

The Thunder-G Cannon took some time to get it just right since I had to keep looking at the in-game on to make a perfect replica of it. However, I'm actually quite pleased with the result. I didn't include the seats because they would take some effort to do and I didn't think anyone would actually care whether or not it had seats.

Ultimately, since you enjoyed this model, I'm going to get to work on more!
(08-31-2010, 09:10 AM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]It almost looked like it came out of the game, huh? How flattering!

The Thunder-G Cannon took some time to get it just right since I had to keep looking at the in-game on to make a perfect replica of it. However, I'm actually quite pleased with the result. I didn't include the seats because they would take some effort to do and I didn't think anyone would actually care whether or not it had seats.

Ultimately, since you enjoyed this model, I'm going to get to work on more!

the model works great for a in motion shot, plus i don't think the seats even apeared until KH2.