The VG Resource

Full Version: Greetings from Stencyl!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I'm Jesse, sometimes known as "X Megadragon" from other internet forums. I've been using TSR for years now... and I really enjoy spriting.

I'm the Manager of Polyhedron Designs, formerly named "Stencyl Studios", which is now an independent group of game developers devoted to creating games using StencylWorks, a game creation platform. I joined the team several months back simply as a spriter.

I previously joined PT, but apparently they're considering closure. Other forums and projects I am/were involved in are Metroid Fan Mission, Metroid Prime 2D, the Gamemaker Community, Mario Fan Games Galaxy, and Metroid Headquarters.

I have also been a participant for the NCFC for two years. This year's submission will be a planned StencylWorks game programmed in Gamemaker.

I'd like to improve my spriting skills so my contributions to Stencyl games will be of better quality. So, I've joined this forum to seek some advice and critique on my works.

Nice meeting you all,
Jesse
whens stencyl coming outtttttttt

we waited for ages
It is releasing very soon - we promise it's definitely before the end of this year. Progress started in early March, and a good product can take 8-10 months to complete, so go figure.
Yo! I'm sure you get into Q&A all the time, but, how much custom spriting is going into the games included on release day of Stencyl?
whoa, ur a pro!?
Polyhedron Designs will be releasing many games on launch day. Most if not all of them will have custom or at least edited graphics.

Just a warning though, not all of our planned games are ready for launch day.

EDIT: Sorry if this is advertising, but those of you interested in joining our team should look at this topic:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=1304