The VG Resource

Full Version: 8-bit OOT Items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there! I'm new, so I wanted my first post to involve some sprites. To be specific, the sheet included. Its not done, but what do you think?
They're waaaaay too small to for me to even tell what they are. Make them bigger, please. Also, use an image hosting site as opposed to attaching files.
... What's with your font?

The gems look fine, however Keaton mask and okarina look strange. (mask is just flat out bad)
(06-06-2010, 07:54 PM)Devicho Wrote: [ -> ]They're waaaaay too small to for me to even tell what they are. Make them bigger, please. Also, use an image hosting site as opposed to attaching files.

[/font]I know they're small. They are supposed to be in direct proportion to Link's size. But I duplicated and resized them. Here. Oh, by the way, I don't have access to an image hosting site. I'll work on it, though.
crop the unnecesary big canvas. really, do it.
That empty space WILL REMAIN until I'm done with the sheet. It's still a WIP, you know. By the way, I like your signature. Poor Mario and Toad.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3610]

...is that a skulltula?
(06-06-2010, 08:13 PM)Mario11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2010, 07:54 PM)Devicho Wrote: [ -> ]They're waaaaay too small to for me to even tell what they are. Make them bigger, please. Also, use an image hosting site as opposed to attaching files.

[/font]I know they're small. They are supposed to be in direct proportion to Link's size. But I duplicated and resized them. Here. Oh, by the way, I don't have access to an image hosting site. I'll work on it, though.
Really, I think if you're going for 8-bit, its safe to sacrifice having items be directly proportional to characters in order to make the sprites recognizable.
(06-06-2010, 09:31 PM)Devicho Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2010, 08:13 PM)Mario11 Wrote: [ -> ]

Really, I think if you're going for 8-bit, its safe to sacrifice having items be directly proportional to characters in order to make the sprites recognizable.
Problem is, it won't look right. Oh, here. An update on my sheet. And yes, Vipershark, that is a Skulltula.
make all them fit 16x16 px. squares completely.
(06-07-2010, 10:49 AM)*Gorsal* Wrote: [ -> ]make all them fit 16x16 px. squares completely.
Not sure what you're talking about.... Oh, here, another update:
Do you know the rules of 8-Bit? All sprites must fit into their own 16x16 square. If they do not fit in the 16x16 square, they are supposed to be split into two sprites.

8-Bit is not just "don't shade it/use minimal shading," there are a lot of complicated rules that you have to follow in order for a sprite to be actual 8-bit. Otherwise, it's just an "unshaded 16/32-bit sprite."
I don't think he's willing to learn from any of this.
Just wants to show off his meager skills, so says the update in every one of his posts.

He isn't going to take any of the stuff we say to thought.
IT. IS. DONE!!!! I'll be posting the sheet on Custom/edited. And I probably should have called this forum LOZ 1 OOT Items. Oh, well.
(06-07-2010, 11:54 AM)Jesus lizard Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he's willing to learn from any of this.
Just wants to show off his meager skills, so says the update in every one of his posts.

He isn't going to take any of the stuff we say to thought.
Look, I'm trying to improve. Here. Tell me what needs fixing.
(06-07-2010, 12:02 PM)Mario11 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be posting the sheet on Custom/edited.
No you won't.

It's not good enough to get accepted to the site.
Pages: 1 2 3