The VG Resource

Full Version: Need a program!-Mario Sunshine Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey all, I'm new to the forums, however I'm a long-time fan of TSR! Smile

Background: Mario Sunshine holds a special place in my heart. I am a huge fan of tropical things so a Mario game, set in a sun-drenched island was naturally a big deal for me. I've decided, as a summer side-project to make some custom scenery of Isle Delfino, using M&L SS-styled sprites.

I have a small issue however. I recently made the jump to Mac, and really don't regret it. I do, however, miss MS Paint. I was really familiar with it, and am now at a loss as to what I should edit these sprites in.

I have Photoshop but I think it may be too "advanced" for the projects.

Does anyone recommend a Mac program to edit in? Thanks so much, in advance. (google really didn't help too much...)
http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/ <--- Mac version of the popular GIMP image editor.
Think of it as a watered down version of PS.
Well, good luck in making those sprites. Who knows, it would be rather interesting if you would make a Super Mario Sunshine like game using those sprites you have created. It would be rather interesting to see.
Thanks so much, both of you! Smile

I'm really excited bout this! I'm just getting started, Sirena Beach is the first step
I recommend Gimp, personally.
True Its Pretty Good