The VG Resource

Full Version: Care to be a part of this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellows! I'm here with an offer for those who enjoy custom spriting. I've been working on a long-running comic for a few years now, focusing on sprites, and various game characters. It is codenamed 'Collision Chaos' and is heavily Sonic-Oriented. Oddly enough, all Sonic universes are referenced in my comic, but not all Sonic universes have yet been portrayed in sprites. I'm looking to take on some 'Employees' who are willing to help out what will hopefully be a quite expansive internet project. Your input is valuable to me and I hope to cater to most video game fans and possibly even anime fans. This comic is several years in the making, and, as stated before, is intended to cover a series of topics. I'm looking for some people who would like to be part of an up and coming epic that is sure to be widespread (as I have many distribution points) and fun! Full credit will be given for whatever sprites you create, though custom sprites should be at least good quality and hopefully we can serve everyone's needs who are involved. Possibly a sprite archive will be assembled, although if there are sprites you wish to be kept private between yourself and I, the head of the organiztion, please don't hesitate to let me know.

First off, I'd like to see some applicants entries and offerings to the project.
In this I mean please post an example of your sprite work, and let me decide on what may be proper to the style of the series. If you don't want to share your already-created images, feel free to create an entirely new sheet.
Here are some ideal candidates of what you may want to sprite as an entry.

-Brendan Quark fromt he AoStH episode 'Robotnik's Rival' and the 'Design Unit Flexible Underling Substitue' AKA 'DUFUS from the same episode. The episode is fully available on youtube, but if you feel lazy and just want some screenshots just let me know and I can post them.
-Extension sprites of Dr.Robotnik from Dr.Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
-Captain Whisker from Sonic Rush Adventure done in Sonic Advance or Sega Genesis style. (Click Here for Reference)
-A 'Pesky' syled sheet of Bagular from Bomberman Wars. (Click Here for Reference)
-A 'Pesky' styled sheet of Vampire Wario, or and extension of hsi Dr.Mario 64 sprites.
-A 'Pesky' styled sheet of Rudy the Clown from Wario Land 3, or an extension of his Dr.Mario 64 sprites.
-Captain Blue from Viewtiful Joe in any style you see fit. (Click Here for Reference)
- One of the most important ones: Dr. Cranken from Viewtiful Joe 2 in any style you see fit. (Preferably either in true Viewtiful Joe style, or Pesky Style.) (Click Here for Reference) (NOTE: This is one of the more difficult ones, as his body is Asymmetrical, and will require two different side-views.)
-And finally, possibly one of the more important ones, 'Pesky' styled sheet of The Evil Twins (Victor and Moritz) from Crash Twinsanity. (Click Here for Reference)

I hope to see some good work by a good team at the end of this. We will have a website of our own in due time, with a section dedicated to each person on the team, as well as an opportunity to post your own comics and sprites, or even artwork and music as you see fit. All expenses will be covered by me of course, and hopefully we will manage to keep growing as we create more and more amazing pieces!

I hope to be able to create a fun and interesting project from this for everyone who wishes to participate. I'm full of ideas so you won't have to worry about running out of things to do! If you need more ideas feel free to ask me, and I'd be more than happy to supply you with some. If you wish to remain anonymous, feel free to PM me as you wish, and I will respond as matters dictate.

Good luck and have fun with it!
i didn't see anywhere you offering payment for those quality sprites, so asuming that "full credit" is all one gets for being your ""employee"". am i right?
Oh yes! I forgot to mention that.

Payment will be issued to the artists of sprites. Depending on the quality, quantity, and style. At first there will be a credit system used for building up reference information, but once we get enough crew to actually put this into a forward-moving process, payment will begin. I've budgeted 30 dollars a week to employee salary, and transfers will be made through paypal or another reliable medium. Whatever is not spent that week will be carried over into the next week. You will only be paid when you create a sheet, and we're hoping for at least one sheet a week, thus you could be paid up to 30 dollars in one week if you are the only one who submits anything and it's of good quality. Certain bonuses can be added to payment, such as creativity, adaptability, and constructability, as well as some other surprise ones that may occur if you are able to incur them. Every year there will be an annual 'special project competition' where you will be competing with your fellow spriters to create the most accurate and ideal sheet of whatever character in question. The reward for this sheet may range from 50 to 100 dollars, but it will only be given to the winner of the competition.

Payment will only be given upon completion and fulfillment of a sheet. If a sheet is sub-par, you will be asked to change it to a proper workable style. Refusal to do so will lessen the amount paid.

The problem though, may be legality, as paying someone other than the creators of the character in question might be improper. However, unless I am told otherwise by an official legal source, I will pursue the method of payment as originally planned.

Remember though that I will require a slightly professional attitude when dealing with the workings of the 'job', as is proper with most formal endeavors. Treat me as you would a real boss, and your co-workers as you would your real co-workers. I'd like things to remain civil and 'non-stupid'.

Trolling will not be tolerated, period, neither will indecent images, or insulting material. Condesending attitudes will, as usual, be frowned upon and will hurt your chances of gaining proper 'levels' in the endeavor.

So there you have it. Your work will be paid.
YAY
I MIGHT GET 30 DOLLARS
A WEEK
FOR ONLY CUSTOM SPRITING AN ENTIRE SHEET
A WEEK
AND THATS IF I'M LUCKY
A WEEK
^.^

storyline?
There are actually several intertwined storylines I'm planning on implementing through the course of the series. The overall gist of the series is that a dimensional disturbance has occured in the form of a brand new unexplained dimension being created out of absolute nothingness. This unexplained phenomena has caused many disturbances through the multiverse, such as pulling entities from other dimensions into itself, even locations and even entire planets! The first part of the series follows a team of investigation reploids that have been sent by various factions from different creators. They follow seemingly random occurences to other locations in the mysterious new dimension, and encounter new allies as well as new foes. Working together and eventually meeting up in the end, they will face the final challenges that the new dimension has to offer, but after that, what lies ahead? Who is behind the new world? What's causing the disturbances? And perhaps the most pressing question of all...WHY WASN'T MOTHER 3 BROUGHT TO AMERICA OR ANY OTHER COUNTRIES?! Some of these questions may be answered in time. One of them most likely will not...

Over the course of the comic I will be posting several polls, and based on user interaction, the outcome of the comic will change.

To accompany the comic will be various blurbs about characters and their sometimes-improvised backstory.
fyi:

$30 per sheet is bullshit.
for treating you like a boss, expecting you to accept the *work* under your own *judgement of quality* to get fully paid, in order to make fan art and edits of all sorts of random characters. and thats if your're the only one doing something of *good quality* because its $30 divided between all the *employess* who submit *quality work*. and a random bonus of $100 per year.

"expecting a professional attitude"
professional my ass dear distinguished gentleman.
Well you're free to state your opinion but I'd appreciate it if you kept the spam to a minimum and kindly left this topic to applicants and people who are actually interested in the project. I'm open to questions and suggestions, and constructive criticism, as stated by the rules of these forums, one that I've seen you tend to ignore quite often but go unpunished. I have no authority over these forums, and I have no command over the people that do, but frankly your antics are starting to irritate me and I'd like to ask you to stay out of my topics from now on as you quite clearly have nothing GOOD to say and your only purpose for joining these forums was quite obviously to tear down others in a method of self-preservation. It's not funny, you're not cool for doing it, the 'badass' style isn't a good one, it's foul and irritating. Please leave this topic to people who actually have interest in it, and frankly I'd suggest you just stay out of topics you have no actual interest in altogether. Your negativity is not appreciated.

For future applicants, please note the sheets stated in the first post are simply suggestions. Feel free to post whatever customs you like for reference. Any style and any character, and any amount is accepted. They can even be single sprites if they're really that good, though I would like to see full sheets to properly judge your capabilities.

Also, if you have a website, take note that I will offer free advertising of said site on MY site when it's up and running, so there's a perk.

I'm also open to comments and questions. Contructive criticism is also appreciated.
i think you misunderstood him (if your post was even directed to him), hes saying thats not enough money and that you won't get anywhere with that.
lrn2takecriticism

i can't even imagine how you think thats nothing GOOD to say
edit: or spam
(06-05-2010, 09:07 AM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]one that I've seen you tend to ignore quite often but go unpunished.
because he's not ignoring them and your vision of butterflies and kisses and sparkles and ponies on top of every word in the sentence of asskissery and nipple tweaking that you consider "contructive criticism" is complete bullshit

everything that's been stated in this thread is entirely valid and you're ignoring it because it's not nice
just like everyone else who assumes the art field is nice and friendly in the real world

now if you'll excuse me im going back to only coming into the requests forum for the occasionally "this exact post i just made right here" post
watch him call this forum stupid and leave
just watch
Hm, since you put it that way, I suppose the payment could be increased for certain things.
I was going on the average rate of comission for artistic design in the fanart world, however. There is research behind my methods, mind you.

How much would you suggest for a sprite sheet?

Remember that a lot is going into this project, such as server hosting fees, and advertising costs, so one must be pinching the pennies at time to support the longevity of a project such as this.
Locked as per OP's request.