The VG Resource

Full Version: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'm new here and I wanted to submit some rips I've made from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for Game Boy Color (better than the Game Boy Advance version in my opinion).
I'm going to add every sheet to the first post.

[Image: harrypotter1titlescreen.png] [Image: harrypotter1menustuffic.png] [Image: harrypotter1harrypotter.png]

Next: Diagon Alley NPCs (maybe, I've got some technical problems).
It's looking pretty good! I like it!

I'm assuming Harry will be the next rip?
Thank you.
And yes, Harry's next, I already have the resource, I'll rip it tomorrow.
I only have overworld, walking and wandwaving, so I'll wait till I get into a few battles to rip these sprites too and submit them as one sheet.
I also have Diagon alley NPCs, which will come also as one sheet.
Awesome! Can't wait!
Hey, I haven't been able to rip Harry yet, but I've got something else.
Some menu stuff, the language select and file select option.
I could post the saving book in a separate sheet in the future, but I think it's practical the way it's ripped now.
Sheet
Icon
GREAAAT! I can't see diffence because I never played this game! But well done!
Hey, there is a small tutorial for you, for put icon under image:
Code:
[url=(put the image link here, the sheet)] [img](put the icon here)[/img][/url]

It will be something like that:
[Image: harrypotter1titlescreen.png]

Also, when someday you want upload a big sheet (30mb+) upload at here:
http://www.imagehost.org/
^It's great!

Hope you make more!
Oh, thank you, I'll start using that, it seems more useful, but do you mean putting the imageshack links, not attachments, right?
Also if you don't see the difference (I think you mean between GBC and GBA) I'll tell you: GBA's version is a game like the first LOZ games: camera from above, you go shooting charms to enemies, GBC is a Final Fantasy-like RPG...
EDIT: By the way, do these sheets normally appear in the next update after submitted here? Just checked the main page and these aren't there...
If they take a time, it's OK, if they don't...well, someone please tell me what do I have to do to make the sheets acceptable.
Just give it abit, I'm sure it'll be in the next update.

So, how far are you with Harry?
I'm ripping walking poses, then I'll rip wand waving and after that battle sprites.
Do you think I should submit them as separate or as one?
As one I'd say.
Hey, I've ripped Harry walking, now I'll rip wandwaving and then I'll go for battle sprites.
I'm revamping a little every sprite I rip, just changing colours a bit and adding a little shading, to make it look better.
Is it acceptable if I submit the revamped version in the same sheet as the ripped one or should I submit them separately?
They don't need revamping, you should submit the sprites how they appear in game.
OK, thanks ^^.
Sorry about double posting and bumping, but I thought this deserved its own post.
Finally, first rip of Harry. It contains all overworld (I think) and battle (sure) poses.
It's missing the different spells' effects, these might come in the future as a separate sheet.
[Image: harrypotter1harrypottert.png]
EDIT: The icon doesn't display, so I'm showing it separately: http://img96.imageshack.us/i/harrypotter...ttert.png/
Hey, sorry about re-posting, but I want to know if I'm doing anything wrong.
I mean, I'm looking at the forums and I see that normally sprites take one (or two) updates to appear on the main site, but there have been three since I posted my first sheet.
Am I doing anything not the right way?
I tried to use the code gabrielwoj told me, but instead of appearing the icon image as a link to the sheet, there only was the icon's URL as a link, so I submitted the icons separately. Is that the problem?
If I'm just being too impatient, please tell me, I'll understand.
Pages: 1 2