The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Bros X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And you thought Super Mario Crossover was good

This may just be the best Mario fangame to ever grace this world. Basically, it's a game that combines just about every current Mario game (except Galaxy), every power-up, including Yoshi, and adds split screen co-op, 50 unique levels, and loads of other goodies to play with.

And the thing is, it still feels like a Mario game.

I honestly find the whole concept and execution incredible, and I am downloading the game right now.

You can find the game here, if you're interested.
Man, you're THE GUY who finds loads of fanmade indie games.
This and Runman, all thanks to you Wink
I know this game. I used to help with it. (Look at those custom Zelda sprites in the level editor)
But then the forums started to suck, so I left.
Its actually one of the best Mario Fangames out there, no kidding.
This looks pretty ill aside from graphics mixing

I might end up trying this at some point
Just heard about this on Dorkly. I still say have SNES versions of Nintendo heroes in Super Mario World would be the most amazing mod ever. Not to say this doesn't look good.
Apparently the multiplayer isn't working.
(06-02-2010, 03:48 PM)Keychain Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently the multiplayer isn't working.

it's impossible to play multiplayer on a PC unless you can get Wi-Fi or by getting two game pads
For a second I thought that this was a Wii wad but when I realized it wasn't I lost interest. Sad
Definitely looks engaging. Want to play it but I can never play really hard Mario games properly on a keyboard.
Multiplayer is easily accessible by going to the Player 1 and 2's control sceme options in the Title. No gamepads are needed, but are strongly recommended.
Results may very depending on what kind of CPU you use.
Example: Some laptops let 2nd player duck, some don't. Its a known bug thats been in the game since day 1.
Just started playing this today.

I am centainly not disappoint. It's like Super Mario Crossover, except with every power-up ever, Yoshi, and the stages are the crossover focus instead of characters. I don't mind the mixing, to be honest, as everything has similar graphic style, much like in SMC.

Also, I've had a fine experiece with co-op. A friend and I played through some of it after altering the control scheme, and everything worked swimmingly. The idea of splitting the screen only when someone gets too far away from the other player is brilliant, too. The level design is excellent, and I must say this game is even better than some that the folks at Nintendo have come up with.

In short, I would highly recommend a download at all costs if you consider yourself a fan of Mario.
I'm already downloading it as of now.
It's worth a download, and this is coming from someone who isn't a huge Mario fan. The gameplay mechanics are very good for a fan game.
I think I should probably get Redigit himself to sign up here. Wink
BTW~ This game was made WAY before SMC existed.
tried it.

i'm sticking with SMC.
Pages: 1 2