The VG Resource

Full Version: Magi!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(First, I love the emots! Tongue )

Okay, I just registered here (doh, you guys probably know that by reading the thread lol) and I have a few questions about the forum and how to tell which threads go in where. >.>

1: Is this question thread even allowed or suppose to be in this area?

2: If I made a thread asking how to rip sprites...where would I put it? If that kind of thread is allowed >.>
(Oh, right now, I know how to rip them using an editor, but it jumbles up the tiles -- house pieces and stuff -- and puts them in random spots.)

3: If the above is allowed, how would I properly rip 'autotile'? I'm not sure if that's what rippers call it, but its a tile that moves -- like moving water ^.^
(I call it 'autotile' because that's what its called in VX/XP community and I'm not sure if that's what they are officially called )

4: Which isn't really a question but...Hello members of Spriters-Resource forum! Its nice to meet you!

Thanks for reading and have a great day! Big Grin

P.S
I'm terribly sorry if this type of thread was a bother, I just thought I should ask before I created the thread and therefore created spam >.>
Oooh, a fellow Final Fantasy fan is always welcome in my book

1- Usually the "HI! I'M NEW" threads are posted at New Arrivals and Departures sub-forum in General Discussion. Posting it here by mistake isn't that uncommon. If you want, I can move it for you
2- You can ask all your ripping-related stuff at Sprite discussion. There is one huuuuuge sticked thread called Ripping Questions, and many people post their questions here. So feel free to drop by.
3- Oh, a RPGMaker user? You can rip them using an editor like tilemolester and tahaxan or you can rip it by using emulator+animget+graphic program.
4- Lali-ho! Welcome! Likewise

It wasn't a bother. After all, how you can improve if you don't ask? :p
Thanks for replying, Ultimecia! I didn't know there was a a Arrival place. I would have gone there >.>
Yes please, I would love it if you did move it ^.^

Thanks for answering my ripping questions too, I'll be sure to place (if I have any other questions) in the Sprite Discussion...that would be the place, right? I'll read the Ripping Questions thread too, it will defiantly help me out.

I tried the emulator thing, way too hard and it never really came out right with what I'm ripping. But if I fail at everything else, I'll try it up again. I'm going check out the other two...can they rip GBA/NES tiles and sprites?

Yup! I actually use them all, especially 2003 (I like this one 'cause it gives me the NES feel) and XP (great customization). VX is cute, but the amount of tilesets your are forced to have annoys me *sigh* I still use it though :p

Thanks for the welcome!

P.S
I'm a big FF fan, mostly for FFVI, FFV, FF8 (and 9! Although I haven't gotten to beat it...). Smile
Done, moved to the right place

I recommend on both reading the Ripping Questions (there are useful tidbits around) and asking it yourself, sometimes the answer can be too much further in the past pages it might become annoying to browse all of them.

I think the emulator one is the easiest. Get an emulator (I recommend Visualboy for GBA), remove the layers (ctrl+1, ctrl+2....) and play the game while running animget. Not that hard. Those two programs are the best choice for ripping directly from the rom, but it can be hard (the messed-up/random spots you mentioned)

I used the 2k and 2k3 but stopped around the time the XP came.

Well, you didn't asked, but my favs are FFVIII and FFIV :p
(05-30-2010, 07:21 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]Done, moved to the right place

I recommend on both reading the Ripping Questions (there are useful tidbits around) and asking it yourself, sometimes the answer can be too much further in the past pages it might become annoying to browse all of them.

I think the emulator one is the easiest. Get an emulator (I recommend Visualboy for GBA), remove the layers (ctrl+1, ctrl+2....) and play the game while running animget. Not that hard. Those two programs are the best choice for ripping directly from the rom, but it can be hard (the messed-up/random spots you mentioned)

I used the 2k and 2k3 but stopped around the time the XP came.

Well, you didn't asked, but my favs are FFVIII and FFIV :p

So, may I create a thread asking how to use the ripping features of those three items? VisualBoy, TIleMolester and Tahaxan?

Well, currently, I'm using a very good FF6 Editor that can allow me to grab the tiles and drop them in any order I want and then right click and save. The problem in this is, well, the right box has the tiles all jumbled up as well and I can't tell which are pieces of house or bridge lol
How does Amiget work? o.O I tried it once, never understood it...

Really? You stopped at XP? I actually had a project up on a RPGer forum, but I got replies saying no one would like it or help with it, so I let it rot for a little bit while I created these tilesets. But I could never figure it out >.>

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought it would be rude or against the rules or something to ask others those types of questions in the welcome area -- I've been to some pretty touch forums.

FFIV is a very awesome game. I love how its so difficult to level up at the end and how all the monsters/bosses are legendary-ly hard Tongue