The VG Resource

Full Version: Please help me animate this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've drawn up my main character and also his weapon but i cant get a decent animation. could someone please help me come up with some good ideas for jumping, running, walking, sliding, dying and fighting? could you maybe show me an example or even help me do it? also could anyone maybe offer any suggestions on how to make these sprites look better? it would be greatly appreciated.

Thx, i'm new to this intirely
sprite discussion is the place to ask for this. also, there was no need to start a new thread with the one you already have.

anyway, i'd recomend you to draw on paper some sketches as to how the character should move, and then try to scan or redraw them as sprites. do you even know how animation works, do you?
kinda, i know how to do the whole flip book style with all the images. i'm just having a rough time trying to come up with how the animation should look. i cant come up with a good concept and i was hoping someone might be able to shed some light or help me do then. any ideas how to make them look nicer like the other sprites here? are there any techniques i'm missing?
To begin, that's not even a sprite. You just drew something using the pencil tool and it clashes with everthing you used on the demonstration screenshot.

Try redoing it using generic geometric shapes, but spriting the head, body and limbs as separate pieces, so you could make custom poses more easily.