The VG Resource

Full Version: castlevania thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simon Belmont, vampire hunter, at your service!

[Image: s4tfg3.jpg]
a thread to talk about anything CV related. faveroute game, charachters, whatever.
Go go go.
Great games, that's all i can say. I love them all and have them all (i believe). For me the favorite is CV SOTN, Alucard is one of the coolest character ever made.
I'm deprived. I've never played SOTN. I have played AOS, and HOD. I'm getting POR soon.
i suggest playing symphony; if you don't have a 360/psp, you could emulate it.
symphony is without a doubt my faveroute castlevania game, probably my faveroute game ever too.
Dawn of Sorrow was the first Castlevania game I played, and I was rather disappointed that none of the other games (aside from Aria of Sorrow, hurr) used the Soul system.

One of the best mechanics in a platformer I've seen.
I played SOTN on a friend's Xbox 360 and now I want it desperately, but I don't have any Marketplace points or any money to buy them with.
First Castlevania game I ever played was Harmony of Dissonance
and it was in a Double Pack with Aria of Sorrow

I've been hooked on the series ever since.
I first started playing the series with the first castlevania. After that I palyed Super CV 4. I could never beat it, not even to this day.
Love it.

I've 100%'d most of them, except SOTN and HoD, which I'm not going to level 99 b/c bad levelling system.
you can beat sotn at a low level and it still isn't that hard :/
the game should have been harder imo.
Believe it or not, my favorite Castlevania game happens to be Legacy of Darkness. You know, the better 64 title?

Anyway, I love all of the Castlevania games really, the only exception being Haunted Castle. There's just no loving that broken mess of an arcade game. :/
SmithyGCN Wrote:Believe it or not, my favorite Castlevania game happens to be Legacy of Darkness. You know, the better 64 title?

Anyway, I love all of the Castlevania games really, the only exception being Haunted Castle. There's just no loving that broken mess of an arcade game. :/

i don't know what i think about HC. i like the graphics and music, but the difficulty is ridiculous. i've only managed to beat the japanese (easier) version because you can survive more than 3 hits.
i am of the opinion that a perfect castlevania game would be dawn of sorrow's gameplay with portrait of ruin's graphics and symphony of the night's map
Sotn is pretty much my favorite one, no question about it. I also see Rondo as my favorite old school castlevania as it was both replayable and ahead of it's time.

Oh, and I would just like to say that I'm very excited about the new DS castlevania coming out later this year. Just when I thought PoR was fresh, Order of Ecclesia is said to have more than 20 different vicinities with a new glyph system. Though it's gonna be a bit awkward controlling a chick.