The VG Resource

Full Version: [FANGAME][PLAYABLE][SCRAPPED]The Legend of Zelda The Pearl of Darkness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Info
Ok, my friend Hylian Lemon and I started this project several years ago, mostly just recoloring GB graphics and music to start out. Some months ago last year, we re-announced the project and continued working on it. After that, we had a problem because the file was lost with all the stuff on it (except a VERY old back-up on my flash drive), so we got set back far to the old version. Now we've come back, with A LOT more than we had to show last year, and we are taking every step to improve the game. We started improving the graphics, then I started improving the engine. It all worked out Smile. But then things happened, and we stopped working on it all together. Here's what's left of it.

Controls
Z: Z-Button (Confirm, Select on File Selection)
X: X-Button (Cancel, Cancel on File Selection)
A: A-Button
S: Action-Button (Roll, Talk, etc.)
Enter: Open/Close Menu (Go past title screen)
Space: Will be for opening the maps when we get there

Story
Link is wandering through the forest outside Termina, trying to find his way back to Hyrule. It is late at night, and he thinks he sees lights up ahead. Heading through the trees, he is suddenly attacked by a dark shape.

"I'm impressed that you figured out where I was hiding. Still, there's nothing you can do about it; my plans are already in motion. Get out of here."

Just before he is knocked unconscious, Link catches a glimpse of his attacker's face. It is a shadowy version of his own. The next day, Link wakes up in a strange village, determined to find out what his dark clone is plotting.

Screenshots
[Image: PoD.png] [Image: PoD-1.png] [Image: PoD-2.png] [Image: PoD-3.png] [Image: PoD-4.png] [Image: PoD-5.png] [Image: PoD-6.png] [Image: PoD-7.png] [Image: PoD-8.png] [Image: PoD-9.png]

Download
TLoZ: Pearl of Darkness Demo #1 (Link #1)
TLoZ: Pearl of Darkness Demo #1 (Link #2)

Credits
Programmer (Coder): Dlbrooks33 (Dlbrooks34 for PureZC)
Sprites: Hylian Lemon, Dlbrooks33 (Dlbrooks34 for PureZC)
Maps: Hylian Lemon
Music: Hylian Lemon
Tiles: Radien, Gashin, Hylian Lemon, Dlbrooks33 (Dlbrooks34 for PureZC)

Disclaimer: "The Legend of Zelda" is a trademark of Nintendo, this game is not sold for profit!
This game looks really awesome. I am a HUGE Zelda fan\nut, and my personal faves were Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, and Oracle of Time (ya know, the ones on GB\GBC). I like how this game is so far, and I really hope that you strive to finish this project.

BTW: I noticed you used GM to make this. Can you send me a copy of the project file?