The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Its coming out in just a few days! Who's getting it?

Just to clear a few confusing things: this game does NOT happen after the first game, this is an "alternate reality" where Galaxy 1 never happened.

The hub works very differently: Its called "Starship Mario" and allows him to travel from level to level.

Rosalina will not be making a physical appearance, she returns as a Cosmic Guide and takes control of you if you die a lot.

Some neat stuff:

-Luigi is playable right off the bat.
-there are over 240 Stars.
-new power-ups like Rock Mario and Cloud Mario.
-second player gets to control a Luma and attack enemies and grab items.
-Even more classic enemies and music will be returning in this game.

Miyamoto claims: Majora's Mask is to Ocarina of Time, like Galaxy 2 is to Galaxy 1.
Quote:Majora's Mask is to Ocarina of Time, like Galaxy 2 is to Galaxy 1.
so galaxy 2 is shit compared to galaxy 1?

e: which was already shit?
(05-21-2010, 05:01 PM)princaipal wailson Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Majora's Mask is to Ocarina of Time, like Galaxy 2 is to Galaxy 1.
so galaxy 2 is shit compared to galaxy 1?

e: which was already shit?
um!!!!! excuse me but majora's mask was a great game and a lot better than oot
really because i did not like it nearly as much as oot
Alternate reality..? :/ That sucks, I liked Rosalina.

Cool about Luigi though, I'll be playing as him the entire game. Smile

Edit: Did this thread really go off-topic that quickly, hahaha.
I liked the first one, hopefully someone in my family gets this one so I can play it.
Got a 10/10 on ign. that's good enough for me to get it.
ill probably just play it sometime

not like i can get it anyway due to lack of wii/curse of playing mario games

music is ace though
Didn't want to get a whole MM OoT war going on. Just wanted to not that its an entirely new game despite using the same engine.
(05-21-2010, 04:54 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]this is an "alternate reality" where Galaxy 1 never happened.

ugh
Yeah I think Miyamoto did that because of how pissed off he was that there was a story inserted in the game without him knowing. (he hates stories you know, he said all this in an interview) So I'm assuming he's erasing Galaxy 1 from existence.

But don't worry about that... Look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiRKP5zJq...re=channel
Holy fuck is that...

Thwomp's Fortress?
(05-21-2010, 07:54 PM)СэнжирДэв Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2010, 04:54 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]this is an "alternate reality" where Galaxy 1 never happened.

ugh

Please, as if you really need a concrete timeline linking every mario game from the arcade games all the way to Galaxy 2. Tongue
(05-21-2010, 08:03 PM)СэнжирДэв Wrote: [ -> ]Holy fuck is that...

Thwomp's Fortress?

This is why that alternate reality thing doesn't matter.
(05-21-2010, 08:04 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2010, 07:54 PM)СэнжирДэв Wrote: [ -> ]

ugh

Please, as if you really need a concrete timeline linking every mario game from the arcade games all the way to Galaxy 2. Tongue

nah, it's just really pathetic to use the alternate universe story in a already established series. Take Doctor Who for example. Every fucking cyberman comes from the alternate universe just to squeeze them in after the all of their defeats in the previous series.

Though the Star Trek movie pulled it off decently, it really held me back from loving the whole movie.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8