The VG Resource

Full Version: Background Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may be a bit of an odd request, so bare wit meh.

I'm thinking about making a Poke'mon game, but not in RPG genre, a beat'em up fighting game, using the Mystery Dungeon sprites. I'm already at work on a few projects already, but I've got into the Poke'mon Mystery dungeon game for GBA, and the thought of it is too tempting. I won't do any real work yet, but I like to plan ahead. Since the genre of this game will be a lot different from the Usual RPG style, I not only want the gameplay to be different, but the scenery to. I've downloaded every route and area sheet from the Fire Red/Leaf green section in GBA, and I wanna find stage backgrounds similar to the ones from there. I don't care which game it comes from, it just has to be 16-bit or higher. They can be from Battletoads or Megaman, to Sonic or streets of rage. If you know of any good backrounds similar to the ones submitted here:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy...index.html
Please post it for me to check out, or link sites filled with background rips. It will also help if the stages ripped are apart(The panels you walk on away from the sky or whatever is in the background). Of course, I'll also be looking to, and I've got a good source where I can get backgrounds from, but any links posted will be helpful. I also plan on including the other generations besides the first, so I may re-use some stuff if I have to, since I plan on this being a bit of a long game.

X)
pokemons beating each other in random unrelated backgrouds sounds so wrong, and bad.
I really don't see PMD sprites working with the scrolling beat-em-up genre. Like, at all.
I suppose you could use some backgrounds from the E-Card Pokémon games, already available on the main page.
(05-20-2010, 06:13 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]pokemons beating each other in random unrelated backgrouds sounds so wrong, and bad.
Well, I aim to have a totally different take on the scenery of the pokemon world, rather than the same stuff we're use to seeing. Besides, the BG's I'm searching for are kind of related to or almost like the original BG's.

@GrooveMan.exe
Quote:I really don't see PMD sprites working with the scrolling beat-em-up genre. Like, at all.
Even so, it's worth a shot, and PMD has the sprites that could work for a beat'em game.

@Maneko
Quote:I suppose you could use some backgrounds from the E-Card Pokémon games, already available on the main page.
Nah, lookin' for totally different stuff.

Speaking of the BG's, I just realized there's a whole bunch of games made with the beat's of rage engine I can open up copy, not to mention I can use Mugen stages and rip simple stages(If I find any useful ones). I may not need this topic, so if you guys see fit, the admins can let it die or lock it or something, but I'll still take any suggestions on Backgrounds other than original Poke'mon maps.

X)
[Image: postbit_multiquote.gif]

instead of hand typing quotes.
(05-21-2010, 06:31 PM)Rhymey Wrote: [ -> ][Image: postbit_multiquote.gif]

instead of hand typing quotes.
I copied and pasted actually, but I've never seen that Icon before.

X)