The VG Resource

Full Version: SSBB - Various submissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This thread is about various supplemental SSBB rips, updates will come again.

Friday July 18th, 2008:
[Image: ssbb_wordofsong_icon.png]

Tuesday July 15th, 2008:
[Image: ssbb_stickers_01_icon.png]

Wednesday July 9th, 2008:

[Image: ssbb_at_icon.png][Image: ssbb_codec_icon.png]

OLD POST:
Quote:I actually held back a long time to submit them because, quite frankly, we actually don't need them, especially since they don't really add to the originals sprites of the game.

If you feel like it, you could just reject this one and wait until I've ripped the sprite-like textures from the levels and trophies, but, I don't really know if they have any value at all. Nevertheless, I've submitted them for the sake of completeness, although, with the lack of the infantry and tank bullets (yes, there were no bullet textures present in the game, so they probably are colored vectors like Mr. Game & Watch), I wouldn't even want to call it that complete. Do note that they are indeed exactly the same as the original sprites, and the originals are most probably even more complete than what's in Brawl itself.

And I would also call it very cheap from Nintendo. Of course these ATs do take effort to code, but just barely. They could have easily added a couple more retro-ATs in this game, perhaps even some Yoshi's Story ATs, or maybe some from Yoshi's Island. Heck, they could even have filled the void Dr. Mario left, by adding a Dr. Mario AT (although I do have to admit coding that one would take a bit too much effort, so just forget about that one Tongue )

Anyway, like always, no credits needed. And, even though it says on the credits tag that you shouldn't be stealing this sheet, I don't really think it would even be worth it. People would just think you've taken it from several other sheets. As a matter of fact, this sheet is so small, I could just as well put a full image of it below.

[Image: ssbb_at_icon.png]

[Image: ssbb_at.png]
Oh, so they're the actual graphics from SSBB. Cool.
You're right, they don't add anything to the existing sprites, but they ARE from the game, and they SHOULD be in the section, so I see no reason not to put them up. It's just like having both versions of any game on the SNES/GBA. They look the same, but they're two different games.
Agreed. And great job!
Well, cool.

Anyway, updated the topic, changed the title, that sort of crap.

[Image: ssbb_codec_icon.png]
Great! I love it!

Lemme ask you this, does the program you're using work with other Wii games? Will it work with the new Wario Shake game or Megaman IX? Cause that would be amazing.
Great sheet, but the icon needs capital letters Sad
No(torious) biggie.

[Image: ssbb_codec_icon.png]

No need to refresh your cache also.
I love Slippy's face in the icon.
Great! Keep up the good work.
Oh wait! I just realized that the icon background is so bright. Why is that?
Awesome job, I love these rips(and it's kinda weird that they didn't do anything special with the sprites, but I expected that the first time I saw them on the Dojo)
A.J. Nitro Wrote:Oh wait! I just realized that the icon background is so bright. Why is that?

That's due to the filter I used. I didn't know exactly how to do the border of the icon, so I just decided to make the full image grey and apply two layers on the background with the image.
Tonberry2k Wrote:Lemme ask you this, does the program you're using work with other Wii games? Will it work with the new Wario Shake game or Megaman IX? Cause that would be amazing.

Don't know if you saw this, Gary.
Tonberry2k Wrote:Lemme ask you this, does the program you're using work with other Wii games? Will it work with the new Wario Shake game or Megaman IX? Cause that would be amazing.

No, for both it won't work. In fact, for Megaman 9, I don't think any existing tools would work, although I have a faint suspicion Megaman 9 could just be ripped using the "normal" ways.

The new Wario game is also unclear, it depends on whether it's a first-party or second- or third-party game. In the last two cases, chances are the game won't use the Nintendo standard. However, if it's a first-party game, there are a lot of tools to use, most specifically Thakis' tools.

http://www.amnoid.de/gc/

Even the TPL converter I made should work with most files.

However, Brawl was developed by HAL, a second-party developer. They didn't use the standard models and textures for their game, not even the packages were of the usual format. So, basically most tools created for Brawl are incompatible with other games, although it might be possible that a new Kirby game for the Wii might use the same engine as Brawl.

EDIT: Updated the Assist Trophy sheet with two additional sprites.
Ah, interesting. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2