The VG Resource

Full Version: kosheh's PS3 adventures! just got a PS3? join the fun!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
is this a good idea
a lot of people are telling me "no, get a 360" but
uh i'll post pix as to why this would never work - basically, no way in hell I'm dropping $100 on a wireless adapter that lags and then dropping $50 a year for online

I'm OK with the online but the adapter? really? there's only one way I'd buy an XBOX and that's if I rewire my phone lines to come up closer to the television and there's seriously no way in hell I'm gonna do that, what drilling holes in my wall and all

so, with a little more thinking I've decided I'll get a PS3? why?
-no fuss with cables to get on the internet
-i can use a bluetooth headset online
-when I move out (lol) it doubles as a blu-ray player

and for the most part, i know what games I want. but i'm buying mostly used so i don't get anal raped

so my question is:
besides fighters, what are nice PS3 exclusives I might want?

also, what is a cool accessory?

and tyvon & koj: does kofxii have online?
oh it does
can i join your clanz

and what other good fighters can i expect?

to 360fags: sorry. but
i dont have parents to buy me all the shit i need to have a decent console rig (because with a 360 its pretty much a fuckin rig

also lol jtag)
yes it's a good idea, anybody complaining about the ps3 being a shitty system with shitty exclusives is a straight up fanboy, end of story. both systems are good in their own right, but i strongly prefer the PS3-- especially when it comes to fighters, because the 360 controller is really terrible for fighters, the online is free, and there's marginally less babbling 10 year olds in online play.

good exclusives? mgs4 and infamous. maybe killzone 2. play the demos first to see if they're the games for you.

actually honestly i would recommend you play demos for mainly a whole day so you can get a feel for the exclusives and stuff. you have to consider that MOST games nowadays are multiplatform, it's really hard to find an exclusive title.
Let's not forget Little Big Planet. Cute

But yes, this is a very good idea.
We don't have TV at my place and with the DVD/BlueRay + USB + Media servers we all watch waay more TV than we ever remotely did before we moved here. Tongue
It's just so easy to use, and it really is just an all around great console.
fist of the north star
The PS3 is a perfectly good system. I not gonna repeat what was just said but yeah.
Get Disgaea 3 too!
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Uncharted 2, GoW 3 have fun
(05-14-2010, 03:58 PM)bryan GT broyan Wrote: [ -> ]Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Uncharted 2, GoW 3 have fun
wow how the fuck did i forget those

especially the ninja gaiden games

there are also some neat options on the PSN like Battle Fantasia and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo.
i know you said exclusives but i'm going to tell you to get Saints Row 2 also, game owns
i heard bayonetta was pretty good.
if you enjoy shooting people, MAG
I don't own a PS3, but recently everyone's been freaking out over 3D Dot Game Heroes, which looks pretty cool, and I think Heavy Rain got high reviews. They're both PS3 exclusives.
(05-14-2010, 03:15 PM)birry hatcher Wrote: [ -> ]i dont have parents to buy me all the shit i need to have a decent console rig (because with a 360 its pretty much a fuckin rig

I payed for mine, and I pay for everything I add on to it. Only low life waste aways make their parents buy everything for them. But I actually don't mind the Ps3, my friend has one and I would recommend it if you want it for online. I still haven't saved up enough to get a wireless adapter and live, shit's expensive as hell.
i love people who are like "the ps3 is so much more expensive than the 360! now excuse me while i dish out literally hundreds of dollars to play my 360 games online"
the only thing 360 is good for is playing games online with friends

if thats going to be an issue most definitely get a ps3 hands down

good games for PS3: ffxiv B)
Bayonetta
[Prototype]
Infamous
batman arkham asylum

i kno those ren't exclusives but they will do you good and hard ( :

mgs4
resistance fall of man
resistance 2
valkyria chronicles