The VG Resource

Full Version: Wind Waker Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If anybody would be willing to make a minish cap style wind waker link (no hat) or has them I'd love to see 'em. I have good quality soundtracks for Legend of Zelda games (ie:TP,WW,MC,OoT,MM) if anybody wants to make a trade.

An example By Marnic:
http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_adv...sheet/6483
If the reason no one responds is because they don't understand feel free to ask. If your not responding because you don't give a damn thats cool. Also Marnic said he was working on it so anyone who could give him a notice that im asking for it that'd be cool as he hasn't responded.
[Image: wakerlink.jpg][Image: art-008.jpg]
i'd like to know what is the diference between the windwaker link and the minish cap link.

specially when you have this
http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_adv...sheet/6370
To be honest I can't see a difference between them other than the hat.
I always thought that 4 Swords and Minish Cap were blatantly inspired on Wind Waker anyways.
Just copying and pasting the hatless head over the rest of Link's 4S and MC sprites should be enough.
i dont think marnic would wanna work on something like this
Sorry i was unclear. I meant a recolor of the action sprites for minish cap to make it appear as if he were wearing the starting clothes of wind waker. The orange shorts and grey lobster shirt. I realize thats a huge task and no one would want to spend all the time and effort on that. Thats why i ask if marik has finished as he wrote on a background rip for minish cap that that was what he was doing along with a recolor and something to do with outset island. He has not responded to an email and i dont wish to annoy the crap out of him to the point that if he was done he wouldn't send it to me.
i don't think a recolor is a completely imposible task, even for someone with no experience at all on sprites.

mean, its a recolor. all the hard work is done, all you have to do is just change the color of a few pixels per sprite and you're done. its a long and tedious work, but its not one you can't do on your own.
Ya but im lazy and i was hoping it was done already or someone would do it for me. It is called a request forum after all. I didn't post to ask if "I" could do it.
That's true. It's also true that just because someone requests it in this forum, it doesn't mean "we" have to do it. That's why we're showing you how to, so that next time, you wouldn't have to come here for simple things like this.

Although the alternative is to wait for someone to make your request. Keep refreshing for a few months or so.
(05-23-2010, 12:51 AM)EskimosBane Wrote: [ -> ]Ya but im lazy and i was hoping it was done already or someone would do it for me. It is called a request forum after all. I didn't post to ask if "I" could do it.

No offense, but if you are too lazy as to even make a recolor, then you have absolutely nothing to do on the spriting business.
I don't know how much experience you have with graphic programs, but a recolour takes a few seconds.

Reduce the colour depth of the picture to 8-Bit (256 colours) and you can manipulate the colour palette of the image (I'm using Paint Shop Pro 5).
(05-23-2010, 12:51 AM)EskimosBane Wrote: [ -> ]Ya but im lazy

heh
Err... I tried starting a windwaker spriting movement a while back

[Image: wwsu1.png]

You said windwaker minish cap but this is more windwaker... I suppose I can add cloths to him if you want? Although he isnt really link... he just has the same hair color. If this has nothing to do with what you want just ignore this post... yea...
(05-26-2010, 11:37 PM)Skirb Wrote: [ -> ]Err... I tried starting a windwaker spriting movement a while back

[Image: wwsu1.png]

You said windwaker minish cap but this is more windwaker... I suppose I can add cloths to him if you want? Although he isnt really link... he just has the same hair color. If this has nothing to do with what you want just ignore this post... yea...

Hoooly shit. You need to practice the Wind Waker art style. Extensively. Also, some anatomy everyone now and then would be nice.
Pages: 1 2