The VG Resource

Full Version: [FanGame] Mother 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, guys. Are you curious about what's happening here? I'll tell you the plain out flat answer. It's MOTHER 5! Yes, guys. MOTHER 5. (Sorry for repeating myself) It's the latest sequel to the Mother Fangame Saga. Of course, there's LOAD full of Mother 4's on the internet and only one looks professional enough. But hold up, we're not going that direction! OH HECK NO! We're going to cut down to the chase.

.: Project History :.
Mother 5 wasn't what it is now. Oh no, it was a different story. The original Mother 5 storyline was chalk full of MOTHER 3 similarities: the Magypsties, the Light Needles and a Kumatora look-alike? *record stop* NO. NO. NO. NOO! That is NOT the storyline that a MOTHER fangame needed. What this storyline needed is originality, twists and turns, with the reference of past MOTHER games had, so I went to work on a revision. For this game overall, there are 12 exhausting chapters, so that means loads and loads of work will be involved with this.

.: Current State :.
This game project has several members on the team, here's the list.
  • Project President/Sprites/ Concept Art/ Storyline: Me (PKMelody2010/secretmelody07/M5_Annie)
  • Editors: GinKyofu13, Jared Sol, Spyden, and Claus’ Twin
  • Co-Spriters: .Darkstar (Iscribble Community)
  • Remixers: MasterZ, TidalEspeon and 3R2
  • Composers: SplatterHammer, Reone662, and isaiahdjkim
  • Sounds: MasterZ
  • Mappers: Periwinkle and TidalEspeon
  • Enemy Artists: PKMechaMinawa and Roxas (TidalEspeon’s Friend)
  • Programmers: Kyle (GMC Forums), TidalEspeon and HellProgrammerMan
  • Additional Support/Help: Reconstructed Dragon, Chaisu, Wootman, and anyone else
Joining Soon: Spriter: MXXai
THE PROJECT IS ALIVE, BUT SLOW.

.: Screenshots :.
Yes, there is some that is real and some that are mockups. HEADS UP!

Old Mockup -Milenia, Will. and the Return of the Porky Bots?

Old Mockup of Battle System [Will and Ryuji]

Old Huge Real Screenshot - Will's House Area

Old Mockup Screens - Will [Old Style] Around Kariko/Rememberance Fields

Old Mockup Screens - Will [Old Style] Beginning/Old Logo

Old Real Screenshot- Will's [Old Style] House Inside

I hope that would do!

.: How Can I Help? :.
I am looking for some voice actors on top of this.

.: Main Characters? Who Are They? :.
v These to be exact. v

[Image: mains.PNG]

[First of the Left] William (Will) - is the eldest of three siblings, as being a 15 year old, with PSI. He has a lazy lifestyle as he resides with family in the peaceful forest of Tensurii located nearby the village of Kariko. He can show to be quite rude and impatient sometimes while being hasty, which can lead to unexpected surprises.

[Last on the Right] Lee - Will's second friend, who lives with family in the nearby Lake Hope area. He has a knack with fixing and building new gadgets, using technology as a tool, and can be a bit unpredictable sometimes, but it seems that he sometimes lack in common sense.

[> on the Right, Next to Will] Kai - The singer of the band, Teen Khaos, and her past is shrouded in mystery, but her attitude is something to watch out for. She has an Australian accent and has a liking to tough guys somewhat.

[< on the Left, Next to Lee] Carter- Will's childhood friend and resides in the village of Twintree. He has a strong common sense and is considered as reasonable and always like to give a helping hand whenever there is trouble. However, it is a mystery of what happened to his father years back when he was younger.

.: Criticism? :.
HIT ME! I need this!
Those sprites have an obnoxiously huge amount of colors. Tone it down, girl.
(05-10-2010, 10:21 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]Those sprites have an obnoxiously huge amount of colors. Tone it down, girl.

Sorry about that. I'll fix'em up ASAP and yet again, thanks. Cute
I can voice act. What do you need?
(05-10-2010, 10:35 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]I can voice act. What do you need?

Okay. If you can voice act,which character are you trying out for?
Will? Lee? Kai? Or Carter?

And please send me a link of an media example! (Like for each character, in .wav format please.)

If you tryout as Kai, you have to talk with an Australian accent just to let you know.
It doesn't really matter.

I just need to know the type of "sound" that I'll need for each voice.

What's the character's exact personality? How will they talk?
Probably won't do the Australian guy, but even so, just knowing that he has an accent doesn't help me much
I need to know exactly how you want them to sound.

Maybe even some example lines for me to read or something.
(05-10-2010, 11:22 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't really matter.

I just need to know the type of "sound" that I'll need for each voice.

What's the character's exact personality? How will they talk?
Probably won't do the Australian guy, but even so, just knowing that he has an accent doesn't help me much
I need to know exactly how you want them to sound.

Maybe even some example lines for me to read or something.

Kai is not a guy. Kai is a girl and I'll give you the exact references for the"sounds" by trying to describe their personalities.

Carter (Younger): Reasonable
"Hey Will, wait a minute. Isn't it wrong to sneak up to the mansion at this time of night?"

Carter (Older): Gentle/Calm, maybe a bit quiet somewhat
"I suppose it's been awhile..but it doesn't matter..I have a purpose,"

Lee (Younger): Smart
"According to this, there seems to be a strange connection between the happenings. I'll have to research it more to get an efficient answer,"

Lee (Older): Calm
"It's been years since I left with Hikari and Elise, but it was for a purpose,"

Will (Younger): Easygoing
"Hey, try to cheer up, we're still going, aren't we?"

Will (Older): Confident
"I made a promise to my father and that promise will be kept,"

Kai: Tomboyish, Smart mouth
"Eh, you little bloak! Tell me the bloody truth or else, mate!"

I tried to described it the best I can. Hope this helps. Wink
As I frequently visit newgrounds for music and inspiration, I stumbled across the Mt. Tyo music

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/332514

And got attention to this project, really nice, I must say!

Good luck!
Elk

PS: what is Mother?
(05-13-2010, 11:11 AM)Elk Wrote: [ -> ]As I frequently visit newgrounds for music and inspiration, I stumbled across the Mt. Tyo music

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/332514

And got attention to this project, really nice, I must say!

Good luck!
Elk

PS: what is Mother?

Really ? What is Mother ? At a time like this ? Dear Lord.
(05-10-2010, 10:11 PM)PKMelody2010 Wrote: [ -> ]Joining Soon: Spriter: MXXai

hi

[Image: mains.PNG]

(05-10-2010, 10:11 PM)PKMelody2010 Wrote: [ -> ].: Criticism? :.
HIT ME! I need this!

Well if you're still looking for criticism, to go more in depth of what tyvon said,
EB style really doesn't look all that good with a whole mess of shading, or a huge pallet of shading, to be more specific. I've warned you about pillow shading before, keep in mind that when shading, you're doing it for perspective, not just to shade. As for the characters them selves, they look great, Kai is still too tall, she should be the size of Old Kumatora, Unless you are making new sizes for kids and adults.

Okay my speech is over, and remember, Annie, you'll never get better if everyone says you're awesome [/old quote]
Okay. I know. But dude, Kai is like 19-20 years of age..how am I going to predict how tall she should be? Explain to me farther than that, please.

@Elk: Thanks, dude. I've been planning this game since 2007-2008 and like I laid it aside because of school and crap. But it's all coming back and hopefully it should be done sometime..I'm not completely sure on it's completion date yet so you will have to stay tuned.

But about Mother, it's an old-school RPG series that started in the NES system. Earthbound Zero to be exact is it's first game or shall we say it's known as "Mother", it's predecessor is Mother 2, which is Earthbound in the US, and finally, Mother 3, in which NEVER reached our shores, darn NOA.

If you're STILL confused, please visit the Earthbound Wiki and learn up.
It's right HERE. > http://earthbound.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page