The VG Resource

Full Version: SSB for GB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First of all, no, I didn't copy Colton's idea, since I started them 2 months ago. Seriously. I even got worried that my sprites got leaked.

Anyhoo, here's what I have now...
[attachment=571]
These are better than Coltons. I like the link
Corporal Tom Wrote:These are better than Coltons. I like the link

Somehow that doen't surprise me. Sprites are really nice.
Down a and up a for ness noly need two frames, if animated that way the frame will stay Very Sad
gorsal Wrote:First of all, no, I didn't copy Colton's idea, since I started them 2 months ago. Seriously. I even got worried that my sprites got leaked.

Anyhoo, here's what I have now...

Sorry Colton Sad
These are better than Coltons!
Good Job Gorsal.
But can I see them when they are in colour?
or not?
Quote:SSB for GB

Gameboy games had no color. That why they made Game Boy Color.

Anyways, I love the sprites. Can wait for Link's Sheet.
Eddo Wrote:
Corporal Tom Wrote:These are better than Coltons. I like the link

Somehow that doen't surprise me. Sprites are really nice.

Its not that I like all sprites of link (In fact half of the Link sprites on TSR are real crap IMO)
Its just that some people make bad sprites of Link, and say "Oh, I played Legend of Zelda(Insert random Legend of Zelda title here.) and these look exactle like that..."
And then I say "No, you blundering foolish walrus, they don't."

and Im usually right, I know alot about Legend of Zelda. I really do.
I wasn't trying to insult you, just making a comment based on the fact that you like Zelda (and I can't balme you for that).
Nice work Gorsal. And everyone, I know Gorsal's are better than mine. I'm not some expert spriter, and he's obviously had more experience.
Eddo Wrote:I wasn't trying to insult you, just making a comment based on the fact that you like Zelda (and I can't balme you for that).

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like what you said was insulting because it wasn't.
Thanks people for the comments. Oh, Colton, I don't want you to lose motivation with your sprites, even if there is something "better" in your opinion. If you stop, you won't improve spriting.

Don't forget this: if you wnat to learn spriting, don't stop until you're done with it.
I love these. Great job dude.
Thanks for the spirit boost Gorsal =3 Also, weren't you the one who made a custom SSB Mario out of SMb3 Mario on MFGG? I love that sheet.
Cloton, these aren't better.
You can't compare two different styles from two different eras.
That's like saying that Halo is better then Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow because it has 3D graphics.
Yours have it's advantages, and OP has his.
I really like these. You did a great job with GB color restrictions. Gettin' better all the time, gorsal. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3