The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom SPM Boomboxer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an obsession with boomboxers and I think they're the funniest-looking enemy in Super Paper Mario. I wanted to make an actual sprite for them instead of using the giant ones in SPM, and they're easy to draw, so...

[attachment=3548]

Editted:

[attachment=3550]

(I changed the head to make it look more square, adjusted the shading on the purple parts, and made the black lines look less thick.)

I might consider making an entire sprite sheet if I can somehow make it look perfect. What do you think?
I've never actually seen this enemy, but your shading seems awfully confused. It looks like you have more than one light source. Your shades also lack contrast.
This is the best pic I could find:
http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/3979/...torck9.png

Yellow is the hardest color to shade. I don't know if I should make it M&L style; does anyone really do sprites in that style anymore?
I'm not a fan of those thick black lines inside of the sprite. Your colors could use a lot more contrast.
Re-shaped the head and got rid of the black line going down the side. Look better?