The VG Resource

Full Version: League of Legends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(11/19/2011) helpful edit for all new people: this info hasn't been updated since this thread was made (may 2010) and this game changes fairly frequently so take it with a grain of salt. normally I'd update this or something but I don't play this game anymore so I can't be assed!! but I will at least put this notification
just go to the top of page 2 for info, much more informative
here's a list of people who play and some champs they play (summoner names in brackets):
Me [DrSlouch]- everyone (but I do best as Mordekaiser, Veigar, Pantheon, Nasus, Karthus, and Malphite; Dr. Mundo if we're on 3v3)
Fret [FRETMATIC]- basically everyone
Shawn [InazumaShawn]- Master Yi, Taric, Sivir, Heimerdinger
Woppet [Woopington]- Fiddlesticks, Rammus, Renekton, Miss Fortune
Hunter [Blblblbl]- Warwick, Olaf, Swain, Renekton, Annie

if you want to get into the game and are new don't bother adding DrSlouch that's my level 30 account, message me on PM/AIM/e-mail/Skype and I'll make a new account to play with you (this is so we, ideally, get matched up against newbies instead of experienced players who will murder you to death 24/7)

if the posts on page 2 seem intimidating, here's a quick summary:
Woppet is bad, I'm rad, dying sucks, Mundo gives no fucks, goes where he pleases, Shawn's pushing never ceases, Fret star pupil, Kori you're so ironic you make me ill.

here's some more info not included in the page 2 posts:
* Never buy Warmog's Armor, Manamune+, Tiamat, and/or Philosopher's Stone. Don't buy Berserker's Greaves on any character until you're way more experienced.
* Never take the summoner spells Fortify, Revive, or Rally. Never take Heal after you've played a few games. Don't take Smite unless you're a Jungler, and if you don't know what a Jungler is then definitely don't take Smite.
* Don't pick Teemo, Evelynn, Lux, Ryze, or Urgot. Terrible champions.
* Don't buy runes without my or possibly Fret's guidance.
* I strongly suggest not buying champs without trying them first.

+Note: The only exception to this rule, I have found recently, is Corki. His mana needs are so ridic that it's fine for him to take it.
this is made by the people who originally made the DotA mod.
(05-09-2010, 12:29 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]this is made by the people who originally made the DotA mod.

yeah, but I didn't know how many people would know DotA so I figured I shouldn't bother mentioning it, should I add that in??
HoN was better tbh, but that's going retail in a few days so yeah
(05-09-2010, 01:48 PM)Vic Wrote: [ -> ]HoN was better tbh, but that's going retail in a few days so yeah

tbh i looked at HoN and it seemed like a dry, dull, personality-less DotA clone
like, the mechanics seemed, from what I read, to be exactly the same
I think LoL has more personality and variety in its characters, and the fact that they aren't 1:1 clones (or close) of most of the original DotA cast (unlike in HoN, whose wiki even lists which DotA characters the corresponding HoN character is like)
also the fact that spellcasters and support characters can remain very useful throughout the whole match, no matter how long it goes on for (largely thanks to the addition of Ability Power) is nice imo (among other tweaks and changes to the DotA formula)
also from my experience w/ DotA (and since the characters are so similar, this probably holds for HoN) there was a lot less interesting ability use, more just right-clicking on a dude and whoevers numbers were higher as they auto-attacked usually won
e: and a minor thing, but having only one item shop, in the base, just makes so much sense
e2: and i didn't even mention runes, masteries, summoner spells, 3v3, seriously this is like DotA 2.0 HoN is like "look it's DotA but w/ real matchmaking and more detailed graphics"
yeah true, guess the reason I like HoN more is because it is a DotA clone and not something that is based on the general idea of that game...
Anyways, downloading this again and trying to remember my login data, I'm trying this out again, maybe it'll change my point of view Big Grin

screw this, I cant remember my old Login name...
I played it for a bit, but imbalances turned me off. Firing a shower of arrows with no range limiter was annoying. I did see some variety in tactics once in a while that made things fun, like that robot dude hiding in grass with a buddy and the robot would shoot his arm out and pull me in then double-team me silly with his buddy. But yeah, imbalances turned me off.
(05-09-2010, 09:50 PM)TheouAegis Wrote: [ -> ]I played it for a bit, but imbalances turned me off. Firing a shower of arrows with no range limiter was annoying. I did see some variety in tactics once in a while that made things fun, like that robot dude hiding in grass with a buddy and the robot would shoot his arm out and pull me in then double-team me silly with his buddy. But yeah, imbalances turned me off.

there are some imbalances, although you didn't mention them; the arrow volley chick is ashe, she is squishy as hell (she moves slow, and has very low natural armor and hp, and none of her abilities help her escape from trouble, really)
plus standing behind minions can block those arrows although I think the collision on that isn't quite right, but otherwise she's honestly fairly mediocre, she doesn't even do all that much damage

the 3 truly overpowered characters atm I'd say are Fiddlestix (scarecrow guy), Jax (guy with glow-y eyed mask holding a lampost), and Nidalee (chick with a spear who can become a cougar)
(05-09-2010, 02:21 PM)Vic Wrote: [ -> ]yeah true, guess the reason I like HoN more is because it is a DotA clone and not something that is based on the general idea of that game...
Anyways, downloading this again and trying to remember my login data, I'm trying this out again, maybe it'll change my point of view Big Grin

screw this, I cant remember my old Login name...

making a new account is simple as hell, you register on the site, and just make a name and password, it'll ask for an e-mail but it doesn't actually check, you can literally go "[email protected]" and it'll accept it, bam you're done
League of Legends is gay
(05-10-2010, 02:31 AM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: [ -> ]League of Legends is gay

you know, i was gonna put in the op "inc. giz post 'this game sux'" but i figured that odds are if i DO put that you wouldn't post heh
you're right
im bumping this cuz i play it now
hey slouch you should edit the op to the one on SA
the SA thread isnt even available to nonmembers now
i'm not a nonmember
yay
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5