The VG Resource

Full Version: This is my pixel art. Look at it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started making pixel art a few days ago on a hot summer morning while I should have been eating breakfast. My first 'piece' was made by looking at various screenshots from the game Fez and it turned out pretty cool. I consider it my tribute to the team in charge of the game.

[Image: m3pixelartqj0.png]

Yes, some things may look like they were ripped, (mainly the big pillar), but that was because I made that one look pretty much exactly like the reference I was using. Not copy and pasted, pixel by pixel. Hopefully you guys can let that slide. The flower at the top was a little too gradient, but I never knew that was bad until I asked around.

A little later, I made this:

[Image: world22de5.png]
The blooper is a recolour, everything else is custom.

I then took a step backwards and limited myself to a palate with only a few colours.

[Image: spritegame2dp3.png]

Working with such a limited palate can cause problems sometimes, so I learned to dither and ended up making this:
[Image: pixelcityyz2.png]

Lastly, I used the palate used in "Super Pope Adventure 64" and combined it with my knowledge of dithering to create my latest work:

[Image: smbavatarie1.png]

Also tried some new shading effects there, you may notice them, you may not.

Somebody asked for just the Mario and Luigi sprites, so I made this.

[Image: smbmv9.png]

The text is a font though, but without anti aliasing.

I want some good criticism and some requests prehaps, just to get better.

I also have no relation to Mewthrii whatsoever, if you know who he is. There was this whole thing that went on when I joined Pixeltendo where I was thought to be an alt account of Mewthrii, but I'll gladly show you that I am not.
Of course you aren't, he couldn't pixel for shit

These are actually pretty decent. Some of them could use some work, but they're decent overall.
But the question is, how could they use work Tongue

Keep in mind, I just started a few days ago, so don't be too harsh. Any styles you suggest I should pick up?
hey, pretty nice pixel art!! and you say ur a beginner?!? wow,im quite impressed! however, i dont pixel art so i dont have much criticism except that you should remember to keep your shading cool.
Heh, thanks I guess. I won't say I'm a total beginner, I had a fair bit of knowledge on making pixel art before I started.
I really like the styles on the some, but don't be afraid to use as many colors as you need.
Yeah, I've been trying to sprite SSB64 characters in this style and I'm having a lot of trouble with some as small details are hard to make out when you're only using 5-6 colours. I'll post my results when I'm done.
[Image: loluj7.png]

Didn't turn out too well, but meh.
nice lol. lol